The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Not a lot happening today. We will be going to Canvey. Taking items to a dry cleaners and getting the food items we forgot yesterday. If it isn’t too sunny I may clean both cars. The Fiesta is going for its MOT next week so I think Aditi would like it to look tidy for the test. Ford have sent  us details about their new scrappage scheme. Aditi’s car is a 2012 model and is worth 3 times the scrappage allowance. Seems silly to me.

Have a good day. 

Tony

• Like 19

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Dave Hunt said:

they are expecting up to 120 attendees! Fortunately they have a a very large house with grounds but still.......

Even so, let's hope it stays dry, as 120 in even a large house might get a little crowded.

Morning All

I have read and rated all your contributions, and generic greetings to the ailing and the celebrating.

Back from flu jab session,  my appoinment was for 08.57 but I was seen early.  30747 is off with her friends for lunch.  I need a haircut, and also to go and fight Barclays' IT system for a printout.

Back tomorrow.

Regards to All

Stewart

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Flu jabs. PAH!

Appointment at 8:30. Get to surgery..long queue down the stairs. The aged crone at the front of said queue didnt try to open it..it had been open since 8am.

Chaos as a lot of oaps had not bothered to wait for their appointment and demaned their jabs first. After 30 mi utes called in to be told no jab today as the innoculations for that age group are being focussed on targetted groups (doctors, nurses etc) and due to something that is happening to the UK at the end of October this targetting means the other people younger than 65 may, or may not, get their jabs after 21st October or it might be .....whenever.

What a waste of a morning.

I intwnd to grab the rest of the day and give it a good bashing.

Baz

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

A quick look in before I head off to pick up Ava and Evie, who we are entertaining for most of the day. As it’s currently chuckinitdarn, that won’t be anything outside. I think they will both end up “helping” me make some cakes!

Back later. 

• Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

Patchy sky everything dry.

Up late after a thumping headache at 8am took some super size aspirin and got back under the duvet feeling better now I'll have to rearrange the day.

Tomorrow is puppy walking and feeding him then off to my friends house for a roast dinner, she has a swimming pool but a bit too cold to go sploshing

about in it this time of year, I had planned to go to Scaleforum at Aylesbury but I must get my priorities right. :D

Must get on enjoy your day :superman:H.E.Adbanger :biggrin_mini2:

The little puppy is 20 weeks old 

IMG_20190917_144227016.jpg.419dda9de59eb2a12741156cefb0480e.jpg

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Barry O said:

Flu jabs. PAH!

Appointment at 8:30. Get to surgery..long queue down the stairs. The aged crone at the front of said queue didnt try to open it..it had been open since 8am.

Chaos as a lot of oaps had not bothered to wait for their appointment and demaned their jabs first. After 30 mi utes called in to be told no jab today as the innoculations for that age group are being focussed on targetted groups (doctors, nurses etc) and due to something that is happening to the UK at the end of October this targetting means the other people younger than 65 may, or may not, get their jabs after 21st October or it might be .....whenever.

What a waste of a morning.

I intwnd to grab the rest of the day and give it a good bashing.

Baz

The flu jab thing does seem to be a bit odd this year. Got my jab by 9:03am this morning, the appointed time, and was able to catch the 9:05am bus up to town (running a couple of minutes late) just outside the surgery.

My brother, who lives in Lincoln, had an appointment booked for yesterday but on Monday got a text saying that due a shortage or non-arrival of vaccine, the appointment for Friday was cancelled.....

Keith

• Informative/Useful 12

• RMweb Premium
39 minutes ago, tetsudofan said:

The flu jab thing does seem to be a bit odd this year. Got my jab by 9:03am this morning, the appointed time, and was able to catch the 9:05am bus up to town (running a couple of minutes late) just outside the surgery.

My brother, who lives in Lincoln, had an appointment booked for yesterday but on Monday got a text saying that due a shortage or non-arrival of vaccine, the appointment for Friday was cancelled.....

Keith

Keith, if he is under 65 then..no vaccine. Same as me!

Pah!

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 8

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Happy Hippo said:

What happened to Ireland?

As I mentioned yesterday, once the Japanese get the ball they are off..... seems like they have not changed since I saw them many years ago.

Gambatte Nihon!!

Keith

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Keith, if he is under 65 then..no vaccine. Same as me!

Pah!

Barry,

Brother is 70, four years younger than me.

Don't know why but the nurse asked me this morning to confirm that I was over 55. Yes I told her, 19 years older! I know many people say I look younger than my age but...….

Keith

• Like 5
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Coombe Barton said:

Apologies for the major typo error yesterday and pleased to hear that in spite of all Sandy is still active.

Your climate change information and its relationship to the last ice-age was/is very thought provoking - thanks.

Edited by PeterBB
Spelling correction
  • Like 10
  • Agree 5

16 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

I am off at small-brown-bird-windbreak in the morning thanks to the Orange Army digging up the Sussex coast and a need to travel by Rubber-Tyred Replacement to my destination.  Arrival time is non-negotiable so departure time from here has to be brought forward by an hour or more.  If any other RMwebber happens to be in Durrington High School during the morning please introduce yourselves.  I will be attending the Southern Electric Group and Kernow MRC stands for a while and no doubt taking a quick look around the rest of what is usually a reasonable show.  

Just back from said show; didn't see you but had a good chat with Chris at Kernow and several other exhibitors, traders and punters. I had hoped to offer you a lift back to Ford for steel-on-steel traction back home, but...

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, tetsudofan said:

Barry,

Brother is 70, four years younger than me.

Don't know why but the nurse asked me this morning to confirm that I was over 55. Yes I told her, 19 years older! I know many people say I look younger than my age but...….

Keith

I never get asked in Tesco if I'm over 25 when buying alcohol...

Now sitting in the barbers awaiting some weight loss, could have been modelling instead, but it needs doing apparently. 

• Like 12
  • Funny 4