Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

I only wish I could say ''I bumped into Liz Taylor and bounced right off again...''!!

I can add this little snippet though, whilst hubby Richard Burton was filming his scenes from 'Villain' in the Assembly Rooms boozer next to Kentish Town station in 1970, Liz was keeping herself busy helping the staff serving behind the bar, pulling pints for the cast and crew....

21baae97-1b2a-4d52-930d-baeedec51cb9.jpg

Burton-Assembly.jpg

• Like 17
  • Informative/Useful 1

Greetings all from sunny Sidcup where it was lovely and warm on my lunchtime walk. Just a shame I have to spend most of the day working in this office - the sun is round the back of the house now so it is cooler in here now.

Happy Birthday to Sherry.

Number 3 on my list of influential albums:

"Still" by Joy Division. The eerie feedback laden opening tracks still haunt me. This was a gateway album for me, to the darker side of emotions. I have never been particularly depressive although I have enjoyed a good wallow in my own misery on occasion. This album also has the advantage of a second disc of live tracks (one of which (24 hours) is not mentioned anywhere on the album but is there nevertheless. This album also influenced one of my cousins - he was quite taken with it when he heard it at our house when he was an early teenager. He later went on to play guitar in a band that were big enough to support Offspring on the UK leg of a tour.

• Like 17

I'm not entirely sure that Dark Side if the Moon is my cup of tea. Although friends wax lyrical about it and have gone to a local planetarium where you lie back, listen, to the album and gaze at a psychedelic video. 

Here's a trailer.  

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Evening.

talking of Oregon, 'Keep it weird' suites me:D

Going to really miss our usual summer trip there but we will be back for more Rogue and other great brews as soon as we can.

Currently listening to the Beach Boys, one of my longtime favourite groups but plenty of others.

being called for dinner.

• Like 18

12 minutes ago, AndyB said:

I'm not entirely sure that Dark Side if the Moon is my cup of tea. Although friends wax lyrical about it and have gone to a local planetarium where you lie back, listen, to the album and gaze at a psychedelic video. 

Here's a trailer.  

Oh thanks a bloody lot. Now I need to source some top grade Class A narcotics. :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 3