Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

31 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

What the .........

The North Pole is in Hertfordshire!

Scientists have noticed for some time that the magnetic north pole has been drifting progressively to the south and is actually somewhere in Canada. At some point they expect it to completely flip so north will be south and south will be north. So actually if the Bear is in Herts he is only confirming a scientific fact.

• Like 10
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Not that I would ever consider going into a Weatherspoons pub but apparently in those areas that are going into tier 3 beer is 99p a pint in those establishments. 

6 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Scientists have noticed for some time that the magnetic north pole has been drifting progressively to the south and is actually somewhere in Canada. At some point they expect it to completely flip so north will be south and south will be north. So actually if the Bear is in Herts he is only confirming a scientific fact.

Apparently it is drifting in the direction of Siberia now.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

15 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Is that before or after certain female upper undergarments have been left hanging on a tree next to the ski lift.

While working at RAAF base Tindal I stopped in at the pub at Daly Waters to find dozens of bras and other skimpy clothing bits hanging from the ceiling. Apparently a bus driver in the '80's challenged his female passengers to a drinking competition, the loser had to hang their undies from the ceiling of the pub and a tradition was born.  

(For those thinking "Hmmm, a bus driver in a drinking competition, that sounds somewhat concerning...", it is an overnight stop   - and its pretty hot.) 

Apparently the pub is   coming up for sale shortly. Could be just the thing for anyone there wanting a change from the wet and the lockdowns. At 600km from Darwin and a town population of 9, social distancing would not be an issue, and you'd get young tourist ladies coming in and taking off their bra all the time. 

Also, as per photo 3 there is air-conditioning in parts so the summer outback temps would not be an issue, just need to get used to all the bloody flies.

1802222785_dalywaters2.jpg.33dbe76dd9932c5ec843432d28e36140.jpg

940721465_dalywaters1.jpg.3fa6c025bd12faa3489ad1edf829653d.jpg

1089023661_dalywaters3.jpg.png.77c2bc49fe88dc5715744829fc9bf051.png

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Quite a bit of progress has been made in the cellar today, I’ve estimated that I need to scrape the paint just over 60sq ft of wall. Today I’ve done roughly 14-15 sq ft, so I’m really pleased with that. There’s still a few stubborn areas where I’ll need to use the steam stripper, but on the whole, it’s gone well today. 

After tea I completed the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix, but before that I dropped off a repeat prescription in at the pharmacy. Nothing of note there tonight, all the customers were wearing masks and wearing them properly! I think that might be why my local borough has very low Covid cases, although some of the surrounding areas are slightly higher. Once home and everything has been packed away, I poured myself a bottle of ‘Old Speckled Hen’, which I drank whilst listening to last nights ISIHAC. 

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Now it’s time for my bed, I’m bucking follocksed!

• Thanks 3
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

I received my December RM today. The "compostable" wrapper had a customs label stuck to it (not compostable here) declaring it a "gift" with a value of 1 Euro. Posted from Hamburg; the label was over the usual Sweden postage.

I liked Coombe Barton's videos. I used to be able to do some of those dances.

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium

Ey up!

Need some more sleep! 

Dentist appointment at 8:30 so need to get going though. Mugatea to be drunk..have as good a day as you can.

From Coombe Bartons maps we are in a declining levels location. Wonders never cease!!

Positive thoughts to all ERs. Hoping our "missing" ones are ok.

Baz

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Good morning all,

Raining here which is a bit of a pain as I'm going to Nicki's at 10.00am to supervise some roofing repairs.  Hopefully the forecast is right and there will be plenty of sunshine today.

Not much else to report although I do have some Christmas presents to wrap so may possibly do that.

Have a good one,

Bob.

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold

Morning

Mum did ask me to get sprouts when we did her shopping yesterday:huh:.

So this moring I will be off to drop the shopping at Mums, start both my car that resides there and her car to keep the batteries charged. Maybe some gardening for her before heading home again.

Its two substantial meals later today for the two of us so that we can have a few pints in two locations.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 15