RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I receive many printed catalogues from companies wishing for me to purchase something from them. Now that the calendar says "Autumn" (despite 29°C being forecast today) we are in the run-up to the Yuletide holidays.

A posh Californian department store sent me their 'holiday' catalog. A page of jewelry was styled in a manner that caught my eye, and may I think some here, so I thought I'd share a photograph I took of the page in question:

image.png.36dda036ac4fbae8bafb4bf7c2056b96.png

What caught my eye of course was not the jewelry, but the staging - on *some* sort of representation of one of Swindon's finest, in a curious colour but with a "GREAT WESTERN RAILWAY" headboard and splasher nameplate. The stylist has gone to great lengths using teased cotton-wool steam, but I'm not too sure about that second 'chimney' / very active safety valves.  😉

I case you are wondering the baubles on the boiler (labelled 'B') retail for $3,000.00 for the pair and the necklace labelled 'A' is $2,750.00.  

It does of course look rather nice in red.

Jamie

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium

Evening all from Estuary-Land. Arthur Itis is making himself obvious so more Nurofen is about to be taken. No surprise really as I've been on my feet for much of the day. I'm not bothering with Farcebook this evening, just a quick look in.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium

Good evening everyone 

Well it’s been a busy old day here one way or another, but it’s also been very enjoyable. 

Goodnight all

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, polybear said:

Bear here.....  ...snip... The last thing was sorting thru' some old family papers, as well as scanning thru' my old Apprentice Logbook - I decided that could be binned ...snip...

Don't do something now that later you will regret! Experientia docet.

• Like 1
  • Agree 13
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

It does of course look rather nice in red.

Jamie

Now what's that phrase again......"You can't polish a Tvrd......."

Hat, coat etc......

7 hours ago, J. S. Bach said:

Don't do something now that later you will regret! Experientia docet.

Fortunately the info contained is of no useful use; there's a separate, smaller (A5) notebook that does have leccy & mechy info in that I will be keeping though, some of which could prove useful (those with the 'net it's far quicker and easier just to google something now).

Bear here......

Washing to do today....yippee - not.  Still, that's not too taxing or time consuming so it could be worse.  After that it's, er, let's see now.....how about MIUABGAD?  That'll do.

One mission though is to research and order a new loft ladder - I'm pretty much heading towards a telescopic jobbie, possibly from Youngmans.

Bear gone - cos' I'm bustin' for a wee

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

Just a quick look in before I head off to the Wigan show. As usual I’ll be wearing my ‘Old Git’ hat, so if anyone wants to say hello, please feel free to do so. 

Back later. 

Brian

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Right flying visit as I have an action packed day planned. This morning I will be chauffeuring DD to one of her satellite estates, Maulbury Park in Cheshire - told her she's got to mind her p & Q's as there a funny lot the cheshir set and then in the afternoon hoping to pop in to the Wigan show. So will keep a look out for any fellow ER's - I will be the one staring at you trying to work out if we have 'corresponded'. Wish me luck.

• Like 15
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, polybear said:

bungin' duvets in the washing machine

We have washed duvets in the machine. I can’t remember which ones also were supposed to be tumbled and which ones were not. However last year we had a repair on our washing machine and a new control unit. I knew that Miele did offer all kinds of extra programs that could be added at extra cost but the new one came “fully loaded”. There are options for down filled items. There is also a soft toy and what is known unofficially as the Lego option for children’s building bricks. We never paid for them when we originally bought the machine. Perhaps they are standard now. We hadn’t noticed the upgrade. 
Tony

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1