RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

2 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

It's the 'drop bears' that keep a lookout for the clueless Pommy economic migrants. 😉

Not that old chestnut!! Even the most gullible tourist won’t buy that any more.

But the Psycho-Koalas - that’s a different story: one minute cute & cuddly, the next minute they’re beating the **** out of you with a heavy eucalyptus branch.

(of course, this is all hushed up: the Australian government really doesn’t want you to know about the Psycho Koalas, they’d much rather you believe that these tourist deaths were due to some poor, innocent, spider, snake or crocodile. Keep Koalas Kuddly! Gotta keep those tourist dollars rolling in….)

• Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

Bear here.....

Big Tick of the Day was polishing then refitting the glass panels ("spindles") beneath the Bannister hand rail on the landing, along with a very brief session with the splurge gun.

Good 'ol Amazon finally delivered the safety picture hooks (they have a "catch" to prevent the string/wire on the back of a picture frame from coming off the hook) that were ordered a week ago - only they weren't as described 🤬 as the hooks were "ordinary" ones with no catch.  T0ssers.  I've already done the return procedure - the good news is they've refunded the money and don't want the hooks/nails/screws/wall plugs returned, so that's a result; an alternative has been ordered.

Post - din dins meant a tidy up & minor clear out session in the Shed - the tidiness factor has improved somewhat and some cr@p ditched; I also found stuff I'd forgotten I had.  The bad news is the rest of the stuff is "good stuff" or "useful stuff" so is currently earmarked for keeping; as to whether or not it'll actually be used is another matter entirely, however......

In other news.....

The Freecycler who wanted a couple of items baled out, though he did message me several hours before he was due to collect to let me know so he stays off the "banned list" - for now at least.  One of the items is wanted by someone else, so they have a chance to collect tomorrow.

BG

• Like 14
  • Friendly/supportive 4

3 minutes ago, polybear said:

Big Tick of the Day was polishing then refitting the glass panels

"When I was a lad ... I cleaned the windows and I swept the floor and I polished up the handle of the big front door."

Comes to mind for some reason.

But no matter how much polishing, I doubt you'll be ruler of the big empire (which happens to phrase nicely in the right place).

• Like 17
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

Keep Koalas Kuddly! Gotta keep those tourist dollars rolling in….)

Aussie projection of soft power. (Google it) You'll see article after article like these:

Australia's soft power: Speak softly, and carry a fluffy koala

The rise and influence of koala diplomacy

Koalas, platypuses and pandas and the power of soft diplomacy

Koala diplomacy: Australian soft power saves the day at G20

Koalas are Australia’s Most Effective Diplomats

As a footnote, even Australians probably avoid slogans with the initials K - K - K. That one is almost up there with the topic of Godwin's Law as related to "things to avoid".

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 14
  • Funny 4

5 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

It's the 'drop bears' that keep a lookout for the clueless Pommy economic migrants. 😉

Even the baby ones can tell a tourist a mile off.  NO australian  would go into drop-bear territory when the young have just hatched.!

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1

5 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

The fecundity of the tropics is conducive to biodiversity - in spite of the concrete.

I saw that in Darwin. Down here unkempt yards are often a patch of brown dead grass and a few water-starved looking shrubs. Up there its usually a rampant jungle so thick that you cant see the house!

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium

Bear here....

Just watched a special episode of "Casualty" (not a programme I routinely watch - though it's ok) to mark the 75th anniversary of the NHS; tonight's programme was a bit different in format and I have to say it was very, very well done - worth a watch if you've nottalot better to do.

BG.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 9
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

I know I keep saying it, but it never ceases to amaze me just how much wildlife there is here despite it being an urban city state:

I clicked on 'Quote' to ask if there was a picture, and if so was it some obscure format (I'm using firefox). But now I can see the video. Thanks.

• Like 8