The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

18 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

I know 🤦‍♂️

There’s no way I can hope to back-track. 

It’s been a busy few days.  On Saturday we drove the 320 miles to the new cottage in order to collect keys and measure up. We had planned to go by train but a combination of industrial action, weather warnings and a friend’s car (which would have been our “last miles” shuttle) breaking down determined that we rose at 03.30 and set off at 04.30 in the Little Red Driving Box. 

The prospect of tackling the A303-A30 route on a summer Saturday was not one to be relished. In the end we were ahead of the traffic and found no delays anywhere. The weather was indifferent but we really hit the storm as we crossed Bodmin Moor. Caravans swayed crazily. A motorcyclist looked very wet but was also riding with great skill in dreadful conditions. 

And then we were there. And we have the keys. We own a cottage in Cornwall. IMG_4408.jpeg.46556f5f542c769c3659c463e0ba08d3.jpeg

Well done! We require demand extensive reports.

Will it be available for rent next August? 😄

Edited by AndyID
  • Like 1
  • Funny 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

24 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Don't get wound up about garages.  Nature abhors an empty garage!

He is getting a bit taut isn't he about a garage. Do you think it could be because I've got one and hasn't!

And on that thought I think I know why bears refurbishment program is so slow- I've seen glaciers move quicker. It's because every time he wants to 'go into the woods' he's been having to go to Amsterdam and do it in a canal. What's more he's been banned from do it after 10 pm as it was disturbing the residents.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. I won't be visiting the garden railway this afternoon, my friend has a dental appointment and I have things to do. With regard to pensions I've done quite well. I had calculated that I would be better off retiring when I did and I was, by £20 a month, (less tax and no NI and pension contributions). Also not having the expense of the daily commute (not included in the £20 saving).

• Like 19