RMweb

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

5 hours ago, Hroth said:

I must say that I don't IDENTIFY as a "whippersnapper"!  🤪

A bit like sex then and you know that there are one hundred and seventy ways of identifying that.

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

A Happy Birthday to Rick - Congrats, you are now officially retired (I reckon you’re only properly retired when you don’t have to go into work on your birthday AND you don’t have to take the day off to stay at home)

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:
6 hours ago, Hroth said:

I must say that I don't IDENTIFY as a "whippersnapper"!  🤪

A bit like sex then and you know that there are one hundred and seventy ways of identifying that.

I scan-read that as "Whippersnipper" and then the sex bit ..... 

..... and wondered .....

..... then re-read it correctly! 

• Like 5
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
41 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

“first, there’s the natural way” voice at back of room “171!!”….

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

The day is about to be ruined by shopping, as Mrs NHN is working from home and finishes at 3.  Pah.  Maybe a sneaky ice cream may help.

it'll certainly do no harm.....

ION......

The beeb had an item about Avian Flu and what could happen if it jumps to humans - it'll make wooflu look like a teddy bear's picnic.  Be afraid.....

And finally....

I see a certain Ms. Rinehart doesn't like her painting - it's a pretty good likeness to me….

Edited by polybear
  • Like 15
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

I spent a few minutes laying down some foundations for roads on the layout extension. 
just for a change here is an abandoned bus on a rail crossing instead of a bridge. 
20240517_171452_resized.jpeg.474e49a4a80526b319688c9c2cf7beae.jpeg

• Like 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, 45156 said:

30747 went to Shrewsbury today by bus, as she wanted to see how much an antique jeweller would offer for something she bought at a village summer fete - it was a little brooch which she suspected was a Victorian mourning brooch with a lock of hair encased in it.  Turned out that it was, and was unhallmarked 9ct gold.  She paid £9 for it at the fete, and sold it to the jeweller for £80 - and the jeweller will probably add a further 50% to that.  Yes, when it comes to trinkets and the like, she's got a very good eye. 

Bear has something similar, but a ring rather than a brooch; no idea what long-gone relation it was done for - personally I find it pretty morbid.

54 minutes ago, PupCam said:

I went out on the monthly drugs collection run today.  It's a nice day so it seemed an ideal opportunity to go for a thrash on the RD.    Of course by some strange quirk of nature I ended up at Old Warden watching a chap and then a lady trying to start (hand swinging the prop) one of the Cambridge Flying Group's Tigers.    I did note at one point the chap diving under the cowling to tickle the carb just as we folk with old bikes with Amal carbs have to do.        The lady was relatively short and had to jump up a few inches to grab the prop tip to pull it down to the correct starting position.   All credit to her, it was she that got it started and not the 6' 2" chap!     

The front seat in that Tiger has got my name on it.    I really must get round to booking my birthday treat 😀

That's all for now

TTFN

The idea of swinging on a prop to start an aircraft is rather low on Bear’s list of “things to try” - it seems like a rather messy accident just waiting to happen

• Like 10
  • Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, PupCam said:

I've got a Laser 180 (30cc) single cylinder four stroke glow engine in my 1/4 scale Tiger Moth which is a bit too big for my starter so has to be started by hand.    That frightens the bejesus out of me!

Aha!  Now we’re gettin’ somewhere…..

Is it for the same reason why “the other one” hasn’t been finished yet?

• Like 9
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, PupCam said:

I've got a Laser 180 (30cc) single cylinder four stroke glow engine in my 1/4 scale Tiger Moth which is a bit too big for my starter so has to be started by hand.    That frightens the bejesus out of me!

Yur doing it all wrong .

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/LPgBWb7rlDM

• Funny 18
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, polybear said:

Aha!  Now we’re gettin’ somewhere…..

Is it for the same reason why “the other one” hasn’t been finished yet?

No, no.   The Tiger was built by my very good but sadly late friend and a mighty fine job of it he did too.     I ought to get it down and dusty it off and go and give it an airing.    

I think I've posted these before but what the heck .....

Take off and Landing

It was the sight of this model flying at Tibenham that got us both a free go in a real one.

42 minutes ago, Sidecar Racer said:

Yur doing it all wrong .

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/LPgBWb7rlDM

I can see what he's doing wrong; he's kicking it backwards 🤣    I have to kickstart the Beeza and the AJ 😀

• Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

4 hours ago, PupCam said:

Afternoon!

First of all, VSPBWs to @Gwiwer  That makes you not all that many days older than Puppers.   I think a beer or two is in order.   Go on, it's your birthday!

Oh you can.  Anyone can identify as anything these days and apparently that makes it right .....

What a great Pink Floyd track that is.

ION

Puppers has been wrestling with the BSA's gearbox and new kick-starter spring.    If I finally get it all back together, working and with all body parts intact it will be a miracle! 🤣 

Puppers has also been wrestling with the new type of "Arduino" (it's not one but you use the same development environment aka computer programme) to write code for it.  I'm trying and failing  miserably to interface it via the Raspberry Pi interface on the ePaper display.   Persistence (yet more) is required.   I WILL get it to work.

I went out on the monthly drugs collection run today.  It's a nice day so it seemed an ideal opportunity to go for a thrash on the RD.    Of course by some strange quirk of nature I ended up at Old Warden watching a chap and then a lady trying to start (hand swinging the prop) one of the Cambridge Flying Group's Tigers.    I did note at one point the chap diving under the cowling to tickle the carb just as we folk with old bikes with Amal carbs have to do.        The lady was relatively short and had to jump up a few inches to grab the prop tip to pull it down to the correct starting position.   All credit to her, it was she that got it started and not the 6' 2" chap!     

The front seat in that Tiger has got my name on it.    I really must get round to booking my birthday treat 😀

That's all for now

TTFN

Aye the man did the footwork and women swept in and got the credit.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 8