The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

Cadbury do Durian Dairy Milk for the Malaysia/Singapore/Indonesia markets, uurrgghhh, heinous😷

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

16 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

Good morning afternoon everyone 

We got up a little bit later than planned, so it was a bit of a rush first thing. Then when I opened the iPad, there had been another bl00dy update! 

Warning rant coming.

Whenever there is an update, for some reason all the apps etc I’ve got on my home page move about or get deleted, even ones I use regularly. If I wanted them moved or re-arranged, I can do it myself, I don’t need bl00dy Apple to do it for me. So this took up about 20 minutes to sort out, pah. 

Anyway, once done, I headed off to the butchers and got the weekly meat rations and a pork pie for my dinner. After that, I headed off to the Trafford Centre for a few more bits and pieces. Now sat at the table in the dining room with a well earned muggertea. 

Back later. 

Brian 

Not just Apple, my Android tablets occasionally play musical chairs when there's been an update, and this Samsung Galaxy Tab 9A+ I'm currently using insists on shutting down apps that it doesn't think I'm using enough...

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jjb1970 said:

I got home this afternoon and Mrs JJB had been eating durian today, uurrghh....a stern rebuke is needed me thinks.

When we moved into our house in Singapore we found them growing in the back garden. Soon got rid of them.

Dave

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, BSW01 said:

We got up a little bit later than planned, so it was a bit of a rush first thing. Then when I opened the iPad, there had been another bl00dy update! 

Warning rant coming.

Whenever there is an update, for some reason all the apps etc I’ve got on my home page move about or get deleted, even ones I use regularly. If I wanted them moved or re-arranged, I can do it myself, I don’t need bl00dy Apple to do it for me. So this took up about 20 minutes to sort out, pah. 

Thanks for the warning. Jill is out today and hasn't used her iPad yet but when she does I can expect something like, "This damned thing has done it again and I can't find what I want. Here, see if you can fix it."

Bu**er.

Dave

• Friendly/supportive 19

3 hours ago, polybear said:

Does Mrs. Baz want a job?  We have Donuts - or cake.......

(There is one young "superstar"** at this place that spent the day steaming clothing.....how many did they manage?  Four.....in a day.....🤬

**It shouldn't be too hard for them as they've been to Uni.....

Ah yes but it was a very 'complicated' ie it had collars and cuffs, item to steam. Plus of course they had to have training because they'd never used this steamer before ( shouldn't mention that they'd never used any steaming devices before). 

• Like 10
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Winslow Boy said:

Ah yes but it was a very 'complicated' ie it had collars and cuffs, item to steam. Plus of course they had to have training because they'd never used this steamer before ( shouldn't mention that they'd never used any steaming devices before). 

They’re a Grad. - they don’t need training cos’ they know it all already….😇

Edited by polybear
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I'm not going out to Tess Coes until later when it stops persisting down, I've got a few things to attend to in the meantime.

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, polybear said:

They’re a Grad. - they don’t need training cos’ they know it all already….😇

Good heavens Bear you can't let a Graduate use something without first 'training/indoctrinating' them. They'll  be straight on to the HSE faster than a Bear can say LDC and then it'll be an employment tribunal.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 10

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Oh the irony. 

IMG_6489.jpeg.84d267e4eaa8277cb077b78e5f79251b.jpeg

Ironic and LOLworthy maybe so but isn't it at least a little bit concerning that one or two  certain "First world" " free and democratic" countries with non-compulsory voting are suddenly facing all these "issues" regarding the possibility of "voter fraud" which requires all these new  "laws"  that entail the showing of a limited range of compulsory  "ID", and so on, the "regrettable" result being the turning away of otherwise valid voters.

Not at all a hidden agenda  in order to make it harder for people to vote. Not at all,  at all.

And after all that yous dont even get a f*#$@ sausage sandwich out of it.

Wake up!

FFS.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 8
  • Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, polybear said:

Post din dins and Bear goes for a Hilly Walk - despite the rain.  What happens?  Some complete T0sser drives thru’ a puddle at speed as Bear was walking past…… 🤬🤬🤬

And they were in a Fiat 500 with no oncoming traffic.

Rumour has it that A Certain Bear might just have called them a naughty word that rhymes with at least part of Sqn. Ldr Hunt…..

Similar story here, I had just got my replacement car in February when one evening an idiot parked on my nearside decided to do a u-turn about twenty yards in front of me. I jammed on the brakes and only just stopped in time. I called him a Cupid Stunt (or something similar).

• Friendly/supportive 16

23 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear here……

A brief mission accomplished earlier, followed by cr@p paperwork then bvggerin’ about with a new printer cartridge that refuses to be recognised - even after trying the usual tricks.  As I bought it in mid 2022 as a part of a full colour set the seller (Stinkyinks) won’t send a replacement as it’s more than 12 months.  T0ssers 🤬. A new one is on it’s way to Bear Towers - from a different company…..

The bit that really p1sses me off is I want a B & W print - and it’s a colour cartridge…… 🤬

Post din dins and Bear goes for a Hilly Walk - despite the rain.  What happens?  Some complete T0sser drives thru’ a puddle at speed as Bear was walking past…… 🤬🤬🤬

And they were in a Fiat 500 with no oncoming traffic.

Rumour has it that A Certain Bear might just have called them a naughty word that rhymes with at least part of Sqn. Ldr Hunt…..

Now it’s pitstop time, followed by Killer Hill No. 2 then the long uphill back to Bear Towers, whereupon I’ll have a coat & strides to wash….🤬🤬

Did I mention the word T0sser by any chance?

BG

Obviously not a very Bear-Friendly day....

Hope things improve!

• Like 1
  • Agree 12
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, polybear said:

Oy! The ute needed a run, ok!?!

image.png.e3a9261588d19b090bc9782c5691d7c8.png

Not AI in any way at all at all.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 15

3 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Definitely deliberate....

He can't prove it.

Despite his running along very quickly  he didn't have a DASH cam, lol.

• Funny 15

1 minute ago, monkeysarefun said:

He can't prove it.

Groan....

• Like 5
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Definitely deliberate....

25 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

He can't prove it.

Proof?  Who needs proof.....

"Reasonable Suspicion"........

image.png.72076d5758e654b8d76be3578a698120.png

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 4

3 minutes ago, polybear said:

Proof?  Who needs proof.....

"Reasonable Suspicion"........

image.png.72076d5758e654b8d76be3578a698120.png

I hope the cops didn't base their case on  you picking that out of a  lineup of ute suspects because it has 4 doors and  looks Japanesey or maybe Volkswagonesy ( apologies if I'm being racist by judging utes on racial stereotypes).

I have to ask though, how do you use your phone with those nails!?

• Like 2
  • Funny 11

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, monkeysarefun said:

judging utes

That's a pick-up truck! 😉

Oval logo suggests a Ford but that's not a F-150 / F-350 etc. And it's generative AI. It does 'look' Toyotary, but isn't.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

5 minutes ago, Ian Abel said:

Sunday supposed to be very nice, sunny and dry all day high again of 20c

Nicer than here. It's sunny now but we're expecting perhaps 50mm of rain between this evening and Sunday night. Sunday won't see 12°C.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 12

4 hours ago, monkeysarefun said:

Whenever my Windows 11 updates it switches my temperature display on the home screen to @#)*%$^&  farenheit.

That's funny, so does mine. (It's always in Fahrenheit come to think of it.) 😉

It is tiresome just how frequently Chrome wants to update. It wants to do it again this morning - it feels like it is more than weekly now, which seems a bit over the top.

At least it's usually painless. It can take less time for Chrome to do an update than RMweb loads a page.

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

POETS Day is here and if I had a knocking-off time I could celebrate it suitably.  Instead I shall have to make to with drinks and crisps at what ever time Dr. SWMBO decrees is "the end of her brain" for the week.  

It a beautiful Spring day at the Distant (Signal) West with a mostly-sunny and almost-warm feel to it.  It was T-shirt and shorts weather for the shopping run this morning and I neither looked nor felt under-dressed.  

Paint has been purchased for adding this year's shiny coat to the cottage.  I'm cheating and using water-based gloss straight onto the washed-down and lightly-rubbed previous coat.  I have neither time nor skills to do a full rub-down-to-wood and apply everything from undercoat upwards.  Neither do I have the number of Deltic Vouchers it requires these days to employ a tradesperson to do that all for me.  And a broom-handle has been purchased into which a large metal hook has been screwed.  This is the means by which the Velux windows upstairs can now be opened and closed; as they are something like 2.5m above floor level it's beyond the reach of even a tall Gwiwer standing on a chair to get them open so a pole it has to be.  

Pets at Home was visited for His Furship's requirements but his chosen diet was priced very much higher than it is for delivery.  So thanks but no thanks and I ordered it online standing in front of the shelf as a very juvenile-looking assistant asked "Can I help you at all?".  "No thanks - not at that price" was the answer as I showed her how much cheaper is was online.  Same product, with delivery included, fully £10 cheaper.  

And then the Sainbury's Grand Prix which was actually quite civilised today.  I did notice a van-plus-boat-trailer (complete with quite large boat) circulating the car park looking for a suitable place to park.  Good luck with that one mate - try dropping the trailer off at the slipway first!  

There will be ales at the bar later.  Because I say so.  

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2