The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning All

Sunny & bright

Nice to see some light hearted posts this morning apart from one person with his usual dull scriptures :jester:

Painter arrived on time bedroom ceiling already painted the lady Boss told me to buqqer off out the way, so bedroom, kitchen and bathroom will be done today

the lounge next week along with the man cave I can try and get the kitchen installed there is still the problem of a hotel for my installer I was hoping I could move

out so he could stay here but that's still not possible the bathroom refit is to be done as well.

Enjoy your day & stay safe :superman: I.N.Teriordesign:biggrin_mini2:  

Edited by 81C
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, BR60103 said:

You mean, they actually have to push cars through that contraption? It was bad enough when I thought it would be a trailing switch.

Judging by the lire of the points at the start of the balloon loop on which it lies it might well be a facing point in any case although equally it might not be possible to automatically trail those points so their lie simply reflects the last movement which would have trailed the oddity.

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Gold

Back again I noticed what GDB the fat git :bb: had put about weight increase I've piled on a stone in 9 weeks so its back to missing out on a sandwich 

lunch time and back to the crisp breads, now I have some face masks I can get out and about and walk off some of the extra poundage.

:superman:  I.M. Alardy :biggrin_mini2:  

Edited by 81C
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Last weigh in I was 110 kilograms, not so bad as after Christmas it was 114. I've allways been big, my brother is 16 months older than me but when we were youngsters when I outgrew my clothes they were often passed down to him. Idealy I should be 100 kg or below but I don't think I have the willpower, it'll be a struggle to lose another 5 unless I starve myself. Like ChrisF and ID I'm used to being on my own so lockdown hasn't affected me except that there's nowhere to go and that is making things tedious. Another niggle is that at my age (71) I notice that my stamina is slowly declining as the years pass, hopefully I will still have the stamina next year to do what I can't do this year.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 14

Afternoon all, been busy in the garden this morning and also went to get some free range eggs and tatties from the Croft up the road. I'm after all sorts for the railway, but there seems to be a distinct lack of anything in the second hand market, ebay looks pretty empty and a visit to one of the major outlets site seems to show a lot of over priced locos that have a variety of faults on them, little wonder they don't seem to be shifting them. I shall Percy Vere, there are bargains to be had I am sure.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, NGT6 1315 said:

There's this anecdote which comes to mind...

"Oh, was she gorgeous. Blonde, blue-eyed, 90-60-90…" - "And the other leg?

That reminds me of a song that I remember:

"She had a pair of hips ...

just like two battleships."

• Funny 13
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, NGT6 1315 said:

IMG_7605.jpeg.822ef972078ad94ba61762509b5f25fd.jpeg

I ...snip... hough then again, I do not know what the blue tram had been doing in that stub, and from which direction it had entered.

I am sure that the blue trolley had to have been pushed in, there is no overhead; well, unless a stinger was used.

• Like 7
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium

Here is the other end of the loop; or, more correctly, the entrance to the loop; it appears the the switch in question is a trailing point switch (down the track curving off to the left):

https://www.google.com/maps/@55.8926143,26.533307,3a,75y,51.8h,85.88t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1smxmIwmPwEwZt6oPJkCWVcw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Like 10

I gave myself a quick weigh in and found I have reduced to 85kg, a slight reduction but enough to tip me marginally in to healthy weight according to the BMI calculator. Still, one good meal and I will be back to being a fat so & so ;)

not like when I reached my full height aged 18 and was running 40-50 miles a week. According to the BMI calculator i was underweight then by about a stone! Its amazing what inactivity, overeating and beer can do to one over the course of nearly 35 years!

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 8