kevpeo

A little less yellow -

post-8271-0-88159700-1431770246_thumb.jpg

And now I can start my favorite bit, the transfers. They always seem to bring a model to life. But no, it’s a disaster. I've run out of big ‘’scottie dogs’’!

Now ordered, so I’ll have to wait for them before I can matt varnish and glaze her.  It’s going to be tight for Showcase!  I guess I’d better get on with some wheel cleaning in the meantime. Kev.

• Like 4

Thanks Mark. I haven't forgotten your 37 423 decoder, it is already packed! As is most of Loch Dour now, just the viaduct board and its partner to do, after the loch has dried! I've been giving it a 'refresh' after some minor repairs. 37 191 is now weathered and is ready for re-assembly and servicing, along with the remainder of the 80's fleet which were removed after a final 'thrash' this afternoon. Kev.

Hi Kev,

Thanks for doing that one - Colin and Mike at R3sprays are doing a new set of noses for it with working lights so it's going to be a bit of a favourite. Wrong shade of blue for you though.

See you Saturday.

Thanks

Mark

I've had it on my commute to work this week though Mark!  I am a happy bunny today. Not only is it Showcase weekend, and I got 37 191 finished in time, but I also 'bagged' my last ex EPS 37 for haulage before work yesterday, yes 37 606 has made an appearance on the Cumbrian Coast!  See you all at Burton, we are in the town hall in one of the smaller rooms, the Lingen Room, stand 14. Kev.

Edited by kevpeo
  • Like 3

Hi Kev,

191 is looking good, preferred it in the old BR blue but hey :D  It was always good for a thrash up the WHL

Looking forward to seeing some pics of it weathered and hope its a trouble free run at your show.

Whats the next project... an 82 ;) ??

Cheers

Lee

Hi Mark. Yes, if it was the one with a 'streamlined' head it was me. Glad to be of service.(I think I remember the conversation) and yes OzzyO, you are walking! Many thanks for all the kind words folks, it was a cracking line-up wasn't it. Many thanks to the DEMU team.
 As for Loch Dour, we ran with no major issues (other than operator ones, usually by me!) until 3.30 on Sunday, when we lost the wi-fi network for Touchcab and had to learn how to use the Lenz controllers again!  The operating team, sad to say, think I should sell 37 191 on e-bay, as the 'emergency stop' function doesn't seem to work with TTS decoders, causing some 'issues' in the fiddle yard.

And here is a shot of 'the team' alongside the remains of 37 411(I think!) outside 'the alex' in Derby on Saturday night -

post-8271-0-67510600-1433271018.jpg

I'm off to bed early now, as I'm getting up at the crack of dawn again for 37 688! Kev.

Edited by kevpeo
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mark. Yes, if it was the one with a 'streamlined' head it was me. Glad to be of service.(I think I remember the conversation) and yes OzzyO, you are walking! Many thanks for all the kind words folks, it was a cracking line-up wasn't it. Many thanks to the DEMU team.As for Loch Dour, we ran with no major issues(other than operator ones, usually me!)until 3.30 on Sunday, when we lost the wi-fi network for Touchcab and had to learn how to use the Lenz controllers again! The operating team, sad to say, think I should sell 37 191 on e-bay, as the 'emergency stop' function doesn't seem to work with TTS decoders, causing some 'issues' in the fiddle yard.And here is a shot of 'the team' alongside the remains of 37 403(I think, it may be 411?) outside 'the alex' in Derby on Saturday night -attachicon.gifWP_000055.jpgI'm off to bed early now, as I'm getting up at the crack of dawn again for 37 688! Kev.

There is something not quite right with that photo.

No pints!!!

Edited by roundhouse

The operating team, sad to say, think I should sell 37 191 on e-bay, as the 'emergency stop' function doesn't seem to work with TTS decoders, causing some 'issues' in the fiddle yard.

I only used it a few handfuls of times and I agree that the chip needs to go.

Thanks again for letting me have a go, really enjoyed it.

Carl

And here is a shot of 'the team' alongside the remains of 37 403(I think, it may be 411?) outside 'the alex' in Derby on Saturday night

I'm off to bed early now, as I'm getting up at the crack of dawn again for 37 688! Kev.

Kev, it's 411 at the Alex. Spent many a happy evening in there 20+ years ago! 403 is currently being prepared for "another coming" on the mainline thanks to lots of hard graft by the SRPS diesel boys at Bo'ness. Should be coming back complete with through steam heat pipe to work with 025.....

I'm sorry to say I forgot to take a photo of 37 191 at Showcase!  So, having set Loch Dour up again today, I captured her on a bit of shunting -

post-8271-0-05925900-1433620414_thumb.jpg

I'm not too sure what to do with her now. My fellow operators have made their feelings known, but I do like the sounds. In other news, the wi-fi network is back up and running ( I do have a suspicion on what caused the failure) and 27 013 is now fitted with a v4 and AB speaker, so I'm polishing my v4 27 024 program, which has so far only run in a 37! Kevin and Nick from Coastal DCC were also kind enough to re-blow 27 112 with the latest version of their 27 program, after I cheekily asked for a guards whistle!  Thanks guys. Kev.

• Like 5

• 4 months later...

Blimey, June was the last update! I'm afraid Loch Dour has taken a back seat to other layouts since Showcase, but the 70's fleet has been providing stirling service. But I'm now looking forward to getting 'the tractors' back out after Coppell has been to Holland next week. Finding myself with a rare hour with no other jobs yesterday, I set too and made two cradles for a pair of lowfits I picked up at Quorn when we were there with Coppell -

post-8271-0-91877700-1445163851_thumb.jpg

I hope they look a little less 'chunky' when painted! Kev.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi ModuleOO. I'm sorry I seem to have missed your post. They could be used for the transport of mirror/glass. But were mainly used for the movement of large, out of gauge when flat, steel sheet.

Anyway,

Loch Dour - A day in the life.

As not much is happening with the layout lately, I thought I'd show a typical home running session on it. First up 37 408 arrives through the trees on a freight.

post-8271-0-53779800-1447585740_thumb.jpg

Followed by 27 025 propelling the saloon in the opposite direction.

post-8271-0-33863500-1447585838_thumb.jpg

Once these two have crossed and departed to Inverbeg and Mossend, there is a short pause before the peace is shattered by 37 033 arriving on a ballast.

post-8271-0-22153500-1447585872_thumb.jpg

Which waits until 37 422 appears on a four coach passenger.

post-8271-0-37780900-1447585980_thumb.jpg

After the crossing manoeuvre has finished, silence resumes, well until 37 406 arrives on a three coach set. (This is also load four at shows)

post-8271-0-42022300-1447586146_thumb.jpg

Whilst on an oil train, 26 010 slips in behind. (This train is also longer at shows)

post-8271-0-41992200-1447586286_thumb.jpg

After another short bout of peace and quiet, 37 412 growls in with a freight for Inverbeg.

post-8271-0-37530900-1447586039_thumb.jpg

Before the loudest train of the day arrives.

post-8271-0-79312000-1447586592_thumb.jpg

20 121 and 37 178 on the plough training trip. (both fitted with Legomanbiffo v4 decoders)

You may have noticed an omission. 37 191 is not in traffic. This is because on digging her out she seemed far worse than I remember her, both in running qualities and sound!  It seems to ‘hiss’ a lot, which I hadn’t noticed before, far worse than a Loksound for instance. She still looks ok though, so a new decoder and Shawplan windscreens will be next. Kev.

Edited by kevpeo
  • Like 5