Next batch of Class 70's

" A massive  Thank You to big jim for the heads-up "  on the last posting.

Just back for Dorridge Station having seen 70804 on the return - Bescot to Westbury working!!

Having followed it for many hours to-day on RTT  I finally caught up with it @ 21:15.  :good:

Also "  Many thanks " for taking the time to take and post the photograph - was the shot taken in Bescot Yard?

Great shot Jim, certainly stands out in the gloom! Hopefully 804 is used for tomorrows 6M50 as I'll be up Didcot way. Will more than likely try to catch it at Denchworth if the weather's good, give us a wave if you're conducting again!

Managed to catch 70805 on the run today, seen whining through Millbrook on 0Z70 Eastleigh Yard to Westbury Down TC.

post-7258-0-41202400-1393885578_thumb.jpg

Andy

• Like 5

yes, 70804 will be on this service, in fact were all ready to roll from bescot!!

were just away from the loco having a break in the cabin before we head back as far as hinksey, its hardly the most taxing of loads for it, only 500 tons, the load into bescot was 1800 tons and i must admit i am very impressed by the performance and ride of the 70 so far

(im not driving, only conducting)

EDIT: accidentally deleted the post when i meant to edit it!

dunno why inspector blakey I`ll get u butler came to mind then - sorry inspe  bigjim

:offtopic:

insp blake(y) is last cast member of on the buses to be with us these days.

sub edit:  conflictions on net as whether Anna Karen (Olive) passed away in 2009 or is currently appearing Eastenders - so probably last 2 cast members alive.

any speed restrictions Jim with being new etc.

Edited by yorkie_pudd

• RMweb Gold

rcar6015: i certainly hope im not the most photographed driver being as i wasn't driving!

yorkie: no restrictions for being new

swt442: yes 804 is on it again today (class 70 booked all week)

first impressions........what a beast, like nothing ive been on before, so quiet in the cab and a surprisingly good ride

pics will follow in the morning when i fire up the computer

• Like 3

Heavy load on 6M50 today...3 empty Osprey!
I'll sort the photos later Quicker than I thought, here they are. I went to this location hoping for a nice heavy load to get the loco working hard...

IMG_0486-70804-6M50-XL.jpg

IMG_0490-70804-6M50-XL.jpg

70804 tackles Dauntsey bank with ease working 6M50 Westbury - Bescot with only a trio of Osprey in tow. Despite the lightweight load, the 70 was still howling as it passed 4/3/14

jo

Edited by ewsjo
  • Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Heavy load on 6M50 today...3 empty Osprey!

I'll sort the photos later Quicker than I thought, here they are. I went to this location hoping for a nice heavy load to get the loco working hard...

IMG_0490-70804-6M50-XL.jpg

70804 tackles Dauntsey bank with ease working 6M50 Westbury - Bescot with only a trio of Osprey in tow. Despite the lightweight load, the 70 was still howling as it passed 4/3/14

jo

Make your mind up. I can do a Colas 70 on a nice rake of JNA's or 3 empty Osprey at Ally Pally......

Votes please!

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

nah, have a go at tonights consist

2 x jna

3 x oca

1 x oba

1 x oaa

2 x moa

I can do all bar the 59/2 - maybe I could stick a dead 66 in there instead.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

• RMweb Gold

70805 is the other one, and no, there is no roof cowl open on it

if anyone is interested 70802 is moving off the docks in the morning to bescot (i assume for forward passage to westbury on 6V46)

Thanks for that pic, newbryford.  I think it was a combination of the perspective in my pic due to the zoom, and me confusing the A and B ends?   i.e comparing the circled area on 803 with the arrowed area on 804 which seemed to be a vertical panel.

My bad, as our colonial cousins say. :rolleyes:

9Mar14073sml2_zps444f93c9.jpg

• RMweb Premium

they must have dropped those autoballaster wagons off at hinksey coz when i got on it at nuneaton it was consisted of a long rake of falcons (1800 tons worth!) and a few salmons

All you need is a sturgeon and you'd have had the SNP in tow.

Jamie

• Like 1

they must have dropped those autoballaster wagons off at hinksey coz when i got on it at nuneaton it was consisted of a long rake of falcons (1800 tons worth!) and a few salmons

The autoballasters were indeed deposited at Hinksey. Could have done with a bit more weight on the train on the first leg, the loco was running so quietly at this point I hardly noticed it approaching.