Next batch of Class 70's

i may finally be getting passed out on them this week as on friday i've got one on a bescot-mountsorrell-hinksey job, if i can't get passed out i will be conducting on it instead

Fingers crossed for you Jim, Then all you need to do is park one (or more) in Carnforth D&UGL when I'm off work, and a fine day!!!!!

Good luck

Ian

Good luck Jim hope you pass mate.

nice two pics there Flamingo and if you blow the 2nd pic up you can clearly see 801 has much darker

post-14408-0-31430000-1395437842.jpg

edit: as just stated by JIm above whilst I was typing :-)

Edited by yorkie_pudd

• RMweb Premium
big jim, on 21 Mar 2014 - 20:57, said:

i may finally be getting passed out on them this week as on friday i've got one on a bescot-mountsorrell-hinksey job, if i can't get passed out i will be conducting on it instead

Good job Jim.

I wana know how they perform compared with our "other stuff".

Having seen two of these go past this morning, they actually look quite small. I wonder if this is due to the black part of the livery going part of the way down the side.

Geoff Endacott

No, they are HO scale.....

• RMweb Premium

Finally saw my first real Colas 70 - two were stabled in Bescot, visible from the M6, whilst I was returning from the BRM Ally Pally show. Too dark and too fast to get a phot though.....

Gen lists report them as 70802/803.

Cheers,

Mick

Finally saw my first real Colas 70 - two were stabled in Bescot, visible from the M6, whilst I was returning from the BRM Ally Pally show. Too dark and too fast to get a phot though.....

Gen lists report them as 70802/803.

Cheers,

Mick

Going to fast!!!! not racing where you.........This is the age of the train..

• RMweb Premium

Going to fast!!!! not racing where you.........This is the age of the train..

This is the age of the VW Transporter.................. and in my case, a 3 week old one.

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

There should have been at least one there around 17:00ish which is when the service to eastleigh departs, the other 2 that arrived early on 6V46 must have left on another job

I'm in westbury on thursday on the eastleigh train being passed out on 70s with any luck

• Like 1

There should have been at least one there around 17:00ish which is when the service to eastleigh departs, the other 2 that arrived early on 6V46 must have left on another job

I'm in westbury on thursday on the eastleigh train being passed out on 70s with any luck

We had left just before 17:00. It was very cold there and my coffee flasks were empty. :banghead: :mad:

• RMweb Gold

A slightly different take on the 70 at Westbury shot

post-6662-0-37785900-1395787887_thumb.jpg

• Like 4