Ron Heggs

Added another bay to the Train Shed roof -

post-10633-0-02138600-1319578446_thumb.jpg

^^ Bay 9 added

post-10633-0-03144900-1319578462_thumb.jpg

^^ Span #12 awaiting another 17 transverse beams to construct Bay 10

post-10633-0-26996900-1319578484_thumb.jpg

^^ ... and Bay 3 also requires 17 transverse beams to complete Bays 1 to 9

.. next step is complete the span bracings and windbracing, then spray paint these six bays before connecting to Bays 1 & 2

... to be continued >>>>>

• Like 10

Looking at the first photo I think you'll be needing a step ladder soon...

Hi, Paul

It would be a bay too far

The six bays alone are a bit of a problem lifting and placing on the temporary base - and will be a bit of a trial moving it into the workshop for spraying and back (although I will still have to lift it off to add the bracings before the painting stage)

The remaining structures will be smaller and easier to handle

Cheers

Ron

Thanks Richard !!

You're back! Reaching for the roof - one way of setting the bar higher!

Groan - I'll get my coat now (or go stand in the corner). :D

Hi, Ian

Might just be getting back into the build again - although still busy with the villa supplies re-routing/re-wire

Cheers

Ron

• RMweb Gold

Might just be getting back into the build again - although still busy with the villa supplies re-routing/re-wire

¡Hombre! mañana...mañana... 8)

Best you keep building Ron rather than waiting on those builders to finish!...

¡Hombre! mañana...mañana... 8)

Best you keep building Ron rather than waiting on those builders to finish!...

Hi, Pete

Hoping not to need builders, just steelwork company to supply and install the steel beams

The main building work is strengthened concrete pads for the acrows to support the floors above whilst the walls are demolished and the steelwork support piers built

My two sons-in-law and myself should be able to carry out this work with our architect overseeing it at various stages

All the services are being re-routed by myself

Cheers

Ron

Edited by Ron Heggs

Hi, Pete

Hoping not to need builders, just steelwork company to supply and install the steel beams

The main building work is strengthened concrete pads for the acrows to support the floors above whilst the walls are demolished and the steelwork support piers built

My two son-in-laws and myself should be able to carry out this work with our architect overseeing it at various stages

All the services are being re-routed by myself

Cheers

Ron

I look forward to seeing the "load test" for this construction work a lot of cans me thinks :no:

regards Eddie

I look forward to seeing the "load test" for this construction work a lot of cans me thinks :no:

regards Eddie

Hi, Eddie

Will keep the cans for refreshment and personal stress relief this time :rolleyes:

The weight of villa floors and walls will be load test enough for this construction

Cheers

Ron

That roof is getting ever more impressive Ron.

Colin

Hi, Colin

Hoping for the final delivery of some plastic this week, so I can complete the roof - then it's spraying time

Should make more progress now there is an additional hour each evening for modelling (evening meal reverts to 7.00pm for winter, instead of 8.00pm summertime)

Cheers

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

This is how it goes -

I produce a layout incorporating (so far) 24,000 individual bricks. Non-modellers see it and think I am completely crazy.

You produce a building incorporating (so far) 24,000 individual small pieces of plastic. Non-modellers see it and think you are completely crazy.

All the modellers on this forum see your buildings and stand back in complete awe. Long live the craziness!!! :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

This is how it goes -

I produce a layout incorporating (so far) 24,000 individual bricks. Non-modellers see it and think I am completely crazy.

You produce a building incorporating (so far) 24,000 individual small pieces of plastic. Non-modellers see it and think you are completely crazy.

All the modellers on this forum see your buildings and stand back in complete awe. Long live the craziness!!! :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Hi, Ian

Yes, I guess we are a little crazy, but it's fun and really enjoyable :good:

Cheers

Ron

What do non modellers know eh? :scratchhead:

the rest of us just wish we didn't suffer from fat thumbs....or other complaint to produce such work. excellent as usual Ron.

Hi, Rob

Thanks for all your comments

Fat thumbs - Yes, I've got those, and my Left hand suffers from nervious finger locking on random occasions, and my Right hand index finger suffers from stabbing nerve pains, again on odd occasions, but do I worry or get irritated - Not on your life

It makes me all the more determined to enjoy my modelling

Cheers

Ron