Manchester Central, CLC & GN Warehouses & Castlefield Viaducts

Ron Heggs

Then my next suggestion would be a fibre optic, can't really get thinner than a hair - though many women have tried.

I was thinking along these product lines (with a some fibre optic overlaid to give a tube efect) http://www.microstru...enter-Kits.html

Thanks for your suggestions - you are on the same thought lines as me

With a strong enough light source the light should be visible along the length of the fibre, especially if a reflector is fixed to the free end

Will carry out some trials with some spare light fibre

Cheers

Ron

Best wishes to you too Ron.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you illuminate the sign with the fiber optic - This has to be one of the most interesting threads on the forum, not just for the WOW :O , but also for the pace of progress and your modest, but yet attentive approach. Brilliant stuff!

Cheers :drink_mini:

Chris.

And a Merry Xmas to you as well Ron.

I'm sure your progress next year will be one of the highlights on the forum and I'm looking forward to the next installments :)

Thanks Brian

Hope to really close some of the gaps in the builds next year

Cheers

Ron

Hi, Ian

Thanks for the info. links

Definitely needs a bit of research and testing

Cheers

Ron

Best wishes to you too Ron.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you illuminate the sign with the fiber optic - This has to be one of the most interesting threads on the forum, not just for the WOW :O , but also for the pace of progress and your modest, but yet attentive approach. Brilliant stuff!

Cheers :drink_mini:

Chris.

Hi, Chris

Got to keep the grey matter stirred, as well as the fingers well oiled

Progress will be a bit on/off, whilst the villa building work is in progres over the next few months, but will be progress nontheless

Cheers

Ron

• RMweb Gold

I must thank you all for your continued interest in this thread

***** A Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you All *****

:drinks:

Ron

Likewise Ron...have a good'un.

Already looking forward to see what's coming in 2012 from this thread... :yes:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New year to you Ron, this has been one of the most compelling and fascinating threads on the RM Web and will look forward to your progress next year.

Colin

Hi, Colin

Thanks for you greetings and comment

Progress is going to be a little disjointed - today I have to vacate the temporary model room, and move all the models, etc. into storage in our second bathroom - looks like I will back modelling on the dining room table for a while

But nothing will really stop my modelling wherever I end up

Cheers

Ron

Finally managed to fit the clock mechanism into the front gable of the Train Shed -

post-10633-0-73568600-1323730196_thumb.jpg

post-10633-0-19122200-1323730214_thumb.jpg

Next step is to remove the batteries from this clock and the concourse clock, and wire them up to a dedicated supply, then the missing structral members will be replaced

The existing hands will be replaced by etched components, along with the etched clock faces

... and of course the 'recycling label' will be removed

Utterly magnificent. And a working clock, too.

Thought: pity Mondaine don't make their Swiss watch faces in 4mm scale size - then we'd be assured of perfect timekeeping :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Hi, Colin

Thanks for you greetings and comment

Progress is going to be a little disjointed - today I have to vacate the temporary model room, and move all the models, etc. into storage in our second bathroom - looks like I will back modelling on the dining room table for a while

But nothing will really stop my modelling wherever I end up

Cheers

Ron

It's nice to see that more than one of us has to use the dining room table at times Ron. I have to make sure it's free by Christmas though as I am still only part way through tidying my glory hole to make more room. Keep up the good work.

Jamie

All the models have been moved from the temp. model room to the second bathroom.The modelling table and computer desk have been dismantled and moved into the underbuild

Tonight it will be modelling on the dining table - 272 braces will be added to the roof bays 6-9, and then the part roof assembly can be painted i.e. bays 4-9

Still reasonably warm and dry here, so there will be no problem with spray painting in the workshop

Cheers

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Andi, Ian and Pete

Thanks !!

Have one or two things to show progress, when I can upload some pictures to the server

I miscounted the truss braces not 272 as indicated previously, but 768 (20thou x 2mm x 15mm strips) - a bit of a senior moment, but it passed the time over Christmas

Back on dining table, building the final 4 roof spans, then 119 trusses to complete all the roof structural members

All the best for the New Year

Cheers

Ron

We canna wait for the pictures Ron! Hope you have had a good constructive Christmas and may the new year bring you everything you want! Can't wait to see the construction starting on the layout!

Hi, Ian

Still working on Train Shed roof - .... and the Kitchen, etc.

If all goes well in 2012 then the layout proper will be started before year end

All the best for the New Year, and enjoy Hogmanay

Ron