Manchester Central, CLC & GN Warehouses & Castlefield Viaducts

Ron Heggs

Those etches look great Ron, will look forward to seeing the pictures of them all in place (shortly no doubt)

Colin

Hi, Colin

Thanks for your comments

I am trying not to jump the gun - the spandrels can't be fitted until at least one wall is in place, and I really need to complete all the spans to enable this to happen

So, shortly may be at least a month or two off yet

... I do have another bridge building project in progress for an American Railroad diorama being constructed by a friend in the UK - that's one build with the left hand and one with the right hand :scratchhead:

This doesn't mean any slowdown in this build, just have a little more time now the weather is cooling

Cheers

Ron

• Like 1

After a search for a suitably small clock/watch mechanism for the station frontage and concourse clocks, eentually found one in CASA here in Spain -

It is a miniature alarm clock, which after removing the alarm set and second hands provides suffcient depth between the clock mechanism housing and the remaining hour and minute hands to fit through the station clock face which is 40 thou plastic. The hands are plastic so can be remodelled to match the prototype - Cost €3.99 (£3.50) each inc. batteries

Picture of the temporary fitment -

post-10633-0-88524200-1318608489_thumb.jpg

The clock face will be replaced by an etch rather than a print

Now have to decide how to fit one to the station frontage

The clocks will eventually be driven from a standalone supply rather than the batteries

• Like 5

So it's true then Ron; you've reached the point of dedication to your task that you don't even sleep any more!

:swoon:

Phil

I do get some sleep - usually whilst doing lattice work (on autopilot - sleep modelling) :yahoo_mini:

Normally get up when I wake up - between 5 & 6 o'clock in the morning, so don't need an alarm clock, except on odd occasions, when have to make an early start for holiday breaks, or a reminder when on a late airport pickup (could be engrossed in modelling :rolleyes:)

Cheers

Ron

4 circles of brass wire soldered to the top perhaps to model that beading? It looks higher than the numerals though it might be a bit tricky.

The frontage will look great with that clock on it showing the correct time.

Hi, Craig

Yes, soldered brass wire rings - overall black paint, then gold paint to the beading, all mounted against a white backing :sungum:

Both frontage and concourse should look the business with these clocks

Cheers

Ron

Hi, Ian

No, not exactly

The dial diameter is 42mm (actual 10ft + bezel)

post-10633-0-25448400-1318630495_thumb.jpg

The etch drawing is -

post-10633-0-47575900-1318630545_thumb.png

Etch will be using 8 thou brass - line thickness 12 thou

Cheers

Ron

Not wishing to cause problems or be pedantic... but are you going to account for the different line thicknesses of the two arms of the Vs and Xs?

Not wishing to cause problems or be pedantic... but are you going to account for the different line thicknesses of the two arms of the Vs and Xs?

Hi, Mike

Thanks noted your comments about the character widths - have modified the line thicknesses of these and a few other items -

post-10633-0-51553700-1318891840_thumb.png

Cheers

Ron

Hello Ron,

looks like I got the 1,000 reply to your thread, this was not set out to be, but I think that it shows how good your modelling is, so please show us all some more.

Keep up the good work

OzzyO.

Sorry Ron, you've forgotten the man with his can of Brasso on the left.

OK I'll get my coat,

when are you going to to give us some more up-dates on the build??????????????????

looks like I got the 1,000 reply to your thread, this was not set out to be, but I think that it shows how good your modelling is, so please show us all some more.

Keep up the good work

Hi, Ozzy

Thanks for the bit of info on the number of replies - missed it myself

- and approaching 50,000 viewings

** Thanks everyone for your interest **

The man in the helmet must have a industrial size Brasso can and a big 2 x 4

Must remember to fix a 'Brasso' poster somewhere on the station

--

Since I got the building licence for the villa reform, which includes the conversion of the underbuild into my railway room, I have been re-wiring the incoming electrical supply to a new location, and wiring out to the existing switches, sockets, etc. (the existing supply board with all the breakers, etc. in, is located in one the walls which is being removed)

Next job is re-routing the soil pipes, then the central heating and air-con piping (it's all run in the underbuild, and has to be moved to allow the walls to be demolished and the supporting beams fitted)

This is important stuff - it's my railway room, and soon to be the start of my layout - Hurrah

--

Will hopefully have some more model construction updates shortly

Cheers

Ron

Hi Ron

Congratulations on reaching your 1000th reply, and 50000 viewings is going some too!

You've kept me enthralled since I found your thread, and I'm looking forward to many more years of this.

A round of applause and a "more, more, more" for you from my little friends: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Phil

• Like 1