post-10633-0-95390600-1316293404_thumb.jpg

Overall view of the completed spans - so far

post-10633-0-15903900-1316293448_thumb.jpg

Close-up view of span bracings & transverse tie beams

post-10633-0-89001800-1316293420_thumb.jpg

Close-up view of the span bracings & transverse tie beams

post-10633-0-95662800-1316293434_thumb.jpg

Close-up of span beam, span bracings & transverse tie beams

- next job is to add all the braces from the span bracings to both sides of the transverse tie beams - 128 per bay

post-10633-0-84841300-1316293468_thumb.jpg

Photo of the braces on the completed bays 1 & 2 - the braces are single 20thou x 2mm x 15mm styrene strips

... to be continued >>>>>

Edited by Ron Heggs
  • Like 13

Ron, you heard that loud thump? That was my jaw hitting the ground :O :o :O :yes:

That's insane, you really must have too much time on your hands ;)

Here's me thought something went bump in the night - Thanks for your kind comments

- only average about 5-10 hours per week, if I'm lucky

And me falling off my chair...

Stunning Ron Stunning....who is going to do your etches?...

Pete, you should know better, and keep your seat well and truly planted

PPD in Scotland - used them previously for my Train Shed & GN Warehouse Window Frames, the Turnout Ties and Brickwork detailing

Cheers

Ron

Hello Ron,

the spandrels are you getting them etched in brass or N/S? Or just using a bit thicker material so you don't have any half etching on them.

Superb work on all the jobs.

OzzyO.

Hi, Ozzy

Thanks

The etches will just be 20thou brass - Not half-etching as the prototypes don't really exhibit any real deep multiple depths - probably because they appear to be made from steel plate and not cast iron

If I did show the detail, I would have to laminate two etches back to back to enable half-etching to be effective

post-10633-0-37228500-1316361650_thumb.jpg

Dated: 10/08/2004 - Ron Heggs

Cheers

Ron

• Like 3

Hi Ron,

I just keep watching in awe at your work, how long do you reckon before you get your etches done and for them to be fitted? Also showed it to one of our club members last week, he orignally thought it was a kit ^_^ but was stunned when I told him it was scratchbuilt.

Colin

Hi Ron,

I just keep watching in awe at your work, how long do you reckon before you get your etches done and for them to be fitted? Also showed it to one of our club members last week, he orignally thought it was a kit ^_^ but was stunned when I told him it was scratchbuilt.

Colin

Hi, Colin

Thanks Colin

Sent the drawing file to PPD today, so it will be at least 2 weeks plus delivery to Spain, say 4 weeks - will fit them as the walls are installed, and the glazing is constructed over them from the spans to the walls

The walls are still to be finished and detailed, so that is another task to be completed when the roof structure is fixed to the support structure

Don't think any supplier would even think of producing a kit for this size of station - wouldn't have many enquiries or sales, as it would be far to big for most modeller's space/layout

Cheers

Ron

Hi, Colin

Thanks Colin

Sent the drawing file to PPD today, so it will be at least 2 weeks plus delivery to Spain, say 4 weeks - will fit them as the walls are installed, and the glazing is constructed over them from the spans to the walls

The walls are still to be finished and detailed, so that is another task to be completed when the roof structure is fixed to the support structure

Don't think any supplier would even think of producing a kit for this size of station - wouldn't have many enquiries or sales, as it would be far to big for most modeller's space/layout

Cheers

Ron

Hi Ron,

He didn't quite understand that you had cut each part to size, it was when I showed him the picture of he train shed roof with part of your viaduct in the background and I told him that was a 'small' part of what you had constructed did he grasp what you had been doing.

Colin

Have finally received the building licence from the Ajuntament de Xaló (Jalon Town Hall), so I can now go ahead and get building work quotes from two or three local building contractors for the underbuild conversion to my railway room :locomotive:

Ron

• Like 5

Hello Ron,

I've seen a few of these replies, but who are they to? As some of them don't correspond to any of the messages in the post.

OzzyO.

Hi, Ozzy

They are a way of thanking members who click the LIKE THIS button on one of my posts - I like to use their real names wherever possible as it is much more friendly and respectful - they know who they are

I would use yours if it was possible to determine it - at least I know you're are on the other side of the planet, but close enough to share

Cheers

Ron