Rob's 7mm Rolling Stock Workbench

Another fresh from the paint shops is the NBR Brake van. I still need to paint the lamps for the tops of the duckets.

I assume that they would be painted red, with red lenses but if anyone knows for certain it would be appreciated.

Alickofpaint007_zps7383adb4.jpg

Alickofpaint008_zps3170cf1c.jpg

Alickofpaint009_zps5d226217.jpg

Alickofpaint010_zpsd7e6ddc3.jpg

Alickofpaint011_zps4465cd4f.jpg

Alickofpaint012_zpsf6e7d434.jpg

Alickofpaint013_zpsa0a78b00.jpg

Alickofpaint014_zpsf141e6fd.jpg

• Like 4

The Pipe wagon was finally completed last weekend - but I completely forgot to upload the photo's

BRPipeWagon001-1_zpsc40e83b2.jpg

BRPipeWagon002-1_zps8cdfcebf.jpg

BRPipeWagon003-1_zpscc676821.jpg

BRPipeWagon004-1_zps67208bc6.jpg

BRPipeWagon005-1_zps46cbc40c.jpg

As Martin (3Link) warned me the door dampers were a B****r to fit. I had to almost snap them and then re-solder them to get them to the right angles to fit. Thankfully they soldered very nicely.

It's now going through the paint shop before being offered up for sale.

• Like 4

Hi Rob,

Your have made a good job of the wagon, so your not going to carry on and build a fleet of them :jester: .

To be honest I think I will put mine up for sale as well, I have never sold any of my stock up to now so can you tell me where is the best place to sell them ? And is it best to sell them in brass, primer or fully painted ?

ATB,

Martyn.

Hi Martyn,

To be honest I haven't sold any of my 7mm stuff either. I plan to sell this one painted and weathered (it's almost finished, and I will be adding some photo's to this thread once it's done) and was going to put it on here and WT in the first instance with the guild site as the 3rd option. In there is no interest then it will be the bay of e

The Pipe Wagon has emerged from the paint shops and is now ready for the small ads.. All credit for the weathering job goes to my good lady.

I am really pleased with how this has turned out and I am quite gutted that it doesn't fit with my era.

BRPipeWagon001-1_zpsfee0a870.jpg

BRPipeWagon002-1_zpsf409dc73.jpg

BRPipeWagon003-1_zpsedbd2616.jpg

BRPipeWagon004-1_zps4f1c7265.jpg

BRPipeWagon005-1_zps15cb5fde.jpg

BRPipeWagon006_zps2bf1cec0.jpg

BRPipeWagon007-1_zps47d401f5.jpg

BRPipeWagon008_zpsdbb35d5b.jpg

BRPipeWagon009_zpsb50900b4.jpg

BRPipeWagon010_zpsad836629.jpg

• Like 7

Wow Rob, are you sure Martyn Welsh didn't sneak in and do the weathering?

You better half has a subtle touch and adds to your already top notch work

The Pipe Wagon has emerged from the paint shops and is now ready for the small ads.. All credit for the weathering job goes to my good lady.I am really pleased with how this has turned out and I am quite gutted that it doesn't fit with my era.BRPipeWagon001-1_zpsfee0a870.jpg[img=http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x437/Robpulham/7mm%20scale%20rolling%20stock/Welcome%20Wagons%20Pipe%20Wagon/BRPipeWagon002-1_zpsf409dc73.jpg]BRPipeWagon003-1_zpsedbd2616.jpgBRPipeWagon004-1_zps4f1c7265.jpgBRPipeWagon005-1_zps15cb5fde.jpgBRPipeWagon006_zps2bf1cec0.jpgBRPipeWagon007-1_zps47d401f5.jpgBRPipeWagon008_zpsdbb35d5b.jpgBRPipeWagon009_zpsb50900b4.jpgBRPipeWagon010_zpsad836629.jpg

Wow Rob, are you sure Martyn Welsh didn't sneak in and do the weathering?

You better half has a subtle touch and adds to your already top notch work

Thanks Hugh,

Chris will be pleased that you think so. To be fair she is an artist and a good one (even if I say it myself) have a look at the art gallery page on our website - http://www.railway-models-and-art.co.uk/ for examples of her railway paintings.

My new year's resolution to finish of the shelf queens is still going to plan.

While Chris was weathering the pipe wagon I was busy adding transfers to some of the Parkside LNER Wagons that I have painted recently Many of these have sat for the best part of a year needing finishing.

Here are a few shots of the state of play tonight. next up are the LMS Wagons.....

LNERWagonsReadyforweathering001_zpsc4a1e

LNERWagonsReadyforweathering002_zps827ce

LNERWagonsReadyforweathering003_zps2085c

LNERWagonsReadyforweathering004_zps7d7d9

LNERWagonsReadyforweathering005_zps9b51d

LNERWagonsReadyforweathering006_zps66c1f

LNERWagonsReadyforweathering008_zps7d6c3

LNERWagonsReadyforweathering009_zpsde177

I also managed to coal up the J63 and add the glazing to Nellie.

I now need to order some LNER wagon transfers from the HMRS to complete the NBR brake van and the Sand Wagon.

• Like 4

I added the finishing touches to the former Midland 6 wheeled brake van that has been hanging around for far too long.... Here it is with a couple more LMS wagons.

I still have a couple more LMS vehicles in progress but they are not quite there yet.

LMSWagonsreadyforweathering002_zpsb454f1

LMSWagonsreadyforweathering003_zps722679

LMSWagonsreadyforweathering004_zps15b6c0

LMSWagonsreadyforweathering006_zpsdb71ba

LMSWagonsreadyforweathering007_zps54d9bd

LMSWagonsreadyforweathering008_zps41a576

• Like 2

Hi Peter,

It's so dark because I was reading in the Midland Wagons book by Bob Essery that the Midland grey darkened with age (as opposed to getting lighter as you might expect) my guess is that it absorbed the soot?

I decided to play with it on the ex Midland open with the view that it will be heavily weathered so I wanted see how it went starting with a dark colour - it's actually GWR Freight grey

Hi Peter,

It's so dark because I was reading in the Midland Wagons book by Bob Essery that the Midland grey darkened with age (as opposed to getting lighter as you might expect) my guess is that it absorbed the soot?

I decided to play with it on the ex Midland open with the view that it will be heavily weathered so I wanted see how it went starting with a dark colour - it's actually GWR Freight grey

I'm sure I read somewhere that the exactly shade of Midland freight grey was always a bit vague. There being marked variances between repaints.

Midland wagons where repainted with a concoction know as smudge a mixture of  navy surplus battleship grey and any leftover paint from the paintshop.

The lettering was applied using oxalic paint which was self cleaning and made them stand out.

Laurence

• Like 1

Another one bites the dust. I put the transfers on the Connoisseur Milk van last night and gave it a blow over with some satin varnish to seal them. All the lining has been done with a Haff bow pen and a fine brush.

All in all another cracking kit from Jim.

ConnoisseurMRMilkVan001_zps8ad268af.jpg

ConnoisseurMRMilkVan002_zps9accaf03.jpg

ConnoisseurMRMilkVan003_zps7ece96b2.jpg

ConnoisseurMRMilkVan004_zps23f17505.jpg

ConnoisseurMRMilkVan005_zps4f07b743.jpg

• Like 10

Thanks Peter, I still have the pleasure of mine to come. On the subject of S&Djr, by coincidence tonight's job is to finish lettering my S&D horse box - in LMS livery of course.

My other S&D brake may be in blue but with SR lettering. That is if I can comfirm they were re branded before repaints were due.

Yet another long time inhabitant of the workbench joins the weathering queue.

This is the MSE Former S&D Horsebox (the one with the leather seat).

SampDHorsebox007_zps27be94de.jpg

Which shows up quite well.

SampDHorsebox006_zps9d4c8cb1.jpg

SampDHorsebox005_zps11745df9.jpg

SampDHorsebox004_zps3b804a34.jpg

SampDHorsebox002_zpsba7fc915.jpg

SampDHorsebox001_zps6b09cf85.jpg

The reason that it has sat so long is that I attempted to line it but in the end there just wasn't enough on the beading to make a successful job of it. I got the yellow on but when it cam to the black it ultimately covered the yellow so I ended up respraying it

• Like 5

I am still managing to keep up the momentum. These three have just joined the line for weathering. They all have premier couplings and one still needs it 's buffers fitting (it's one of the very old Slaters kits where the buffer heads were in two parts and the couplings were pressed steel).

SlatersMRCattleWagons001_zps0ad23fc9.jpg

SlatersMRCattleWagons002_zps74212b2f.jpg

SlatersMRCattleWagons003_zps422dbe70.jpg

SlatersMRCattleWagons004_zpse1f45dbd.jpg

• Like 3