Treneglos: The ACE on the North Cornwall Railway

2ManySpams

• RMweb Premium

When was Tackyglossmakeup displayed in SpearmintHippo ( if that's where it is, I have no knowledge of the insides of any such establishment) ?

They probably have themed nights,  (I don't know anything about such places either..)

Andy

• RMweb Premium

The occasional U did make an appearance on the NCR, often borrowed from sheds like Yeovil when Exmouth was short of motive power for services. They had slightly bigger driving wheels than the Ns but I doubt the extra turn of speed was that useful on the slow trip to Padstow. I do like a Maunsell Mogul.

I have a pic of a U1 31901 on the Cleethorpes, summer '61 complete with 2 Gresleys, a Mk1 and a Maunsell as the first four coaches; came on at Templdoom and probably finished at Sid's Mouth Junkshop, or the other way round as I can't remember what direction it was photted. It was going east at Axminster and is a great shot.

I think it may have been Monsewer Pinfield that donated a pic on here of a U shunting the milks at SJ. That's a bit of a bu##er as I can't afford two SEF kits. I think the U1 I already have might have to do...........or maybe the U1...................doh!

P

Edited by Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

I am a little worried about the size/expanse of the gull carp on that awning. I know the Kernow Gulls are greedy bas####s, however, unless this is actually a Chough poop, then tourists/Emmets could be in danger.

They may need one of these  post-2326-0-03484800-1518947061_thumb.jpg

S.Plodger

• RMweb Premium

Choughing hell, it's The Three Degrees....

And I thought choughing was looking for Cornish chough eggs!

Brian.

And I thought it was the noise from a steam loco

chimney that gets us steam enthusiasts all excited.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just a shame it wasn't a Navy Colt, or a 'Peacemaker'.

I think that was before I'd had a drink?

And surprisingly, I still have that watch!

Was it before or after the magician came over to the table?

Do you still have the hat??

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Just downloaded the digital issue.

Andy's photos look very good, and with the digital version you get lots more.

Always amuses me what 'facts' the editors choose to put in big bold, in your face shouty quotes. Pitty the majority of the digital photos are uncaptioned, John and I spent ages writing them. Will have to add them here instead.

• Agree 1