Waverley West, Princes St Gardens and Haymarket MPD

Waverley West

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd post some more shots from the other day's depot visit. Don't think any of these have been duplicated but apologies if they have!

post-7247-0-54131400-1423476640_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-33227300-1423476659_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-43635300-1423476694_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-66421700-1423476735_thumb.jpg

Please excuse the vegetation-less embankment in the background of the next two and the lack of a lineside fence. They're both on the list of "to do" jobs!

post-7247-0-09951500-1423476778_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-36886800-1423476796_thumb.jpg

Work has been continuing on the bridge recently, with the girders now almost complete. I have also ordered some C&L finescale track for the double track on this bridge, partly as an experiment to see how much of an improvement it offers over Peco track.  

I have also fitted a sound chip to my Royal Mail DPU and a bass reflex speaker to RES 47745, all ready for a major switch in era to the late 80s. This will take place as I fit buffer beam detailing to my stock from that era.

Hope to be back soon with more updates.

Happy modelling!

Cheers for now,

Dave

• Like 15

Hi folks,

Just a quick pitstop update. Waverley West is now firmly set in the sector era of the late 80s, with most stock having been swapped over. 

Work is continuing on the bridge, which is now nearing completion. The embankment opposite the depot has now been vegetated and a few running issues, which always seem to appear after I have swapped stock over, have been rectified. The next big job is a lineside fence at the top of the embankment, all 3 metres of it.

Following the success of the new speaker in BR Blue 56013, Coal Sector 56125 is in the works for fitting of a bass reflex speaker, a driver and buffer beam detailing.

Railfreight 26025 is also in the works for buffer beam detailing. The Royal Mail DPU and Coal Sector 26004 have now been released from the works after some attention to their rattling sound systems. The replacement Union of South Africa is also in the works for fitting of a sound chip. I quite fancy one of the new Hornby K1's to bolster WW's steam fleet too.

Pics to follow soon once it all comes together I hope!

Incidentally, I will be at MRS Glasgow on Saturday helping out (if that's the right word) on MRDBlue's new Newlands Park layout, so do drop by and say hello if you're going. I will be taking some appropriate stock from Waverley West to run too.

Cheers for now,

Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 3

A couple of shots of the rerailing coach, parked next to 40169...

attachicon.gifRerailing coach 2 Closeup.jpg

attachicon.gifRerailing coach 2.jpg

Those shots are amazing Dave. I jumped to the page, saw them out of context and just took them as real. There's nothing I can see in the photo  that says model and you've got the light from a low northern winter sun with a bit of haze and the way it picks up the dust etc. to an absolute tee. You must have spent ages lighting it to get that effect (or perhaps not!). I suppose if I really think about it the only clue is that nobody had digital cameras in the late 1980s that could have taken a shot exactly like that.

Superb

Edited by Pacific231G
  • Like 1

Hi folks,

Not much progress made recently for various reasons, but I just thought I'd post a shot I was quite pleased with. The loco has been placed on my bridge which is under construction at the moment and placed outside. The bridge will be removable, so I should be able to continue taking shots of my locos like these after they've been through the works.

Here is 26025 just after it had had buffer beam detailing fitted...

post-7247-0-20094200-1424787324_thumb.jpg

Should've pushed that jumper cable in, but never mind!

26025 is now back off to the layout. 56128 is now in the works for buffer beam detailing, alongside Union of South Africa, which is to be readied for service.

The track is C&L finescale which I thought I'd try and I have to say I like it, at least to represent bullhead rail.

More to follow soon I hope!

Cheers

Dave

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 10

Thanks Will. I do like the C&L track and the underframe detail on the Heljan 26 is just superb. It's a lovely model generally too. Just the usual Heljan problem of not enough space inside for a decent speaker. As I've said before though, I'm working on that!

And now for some B&W versions...

post-7247-0-08249300-1424794342_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-94904400-1424794245_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Dave 

Edited by Waverley West
  • Like 8

Dave

even compared to your usual high standards, those 26 photos are pretty damned good.

At the risk of asking a stupid question (even compared to my usual standard of stupid questions) i take it that background is real?

You should really copy those photos onto the "how real is..." thread as they are PDG.

Is the CL track RTR or did you sit there with the worlds most tedious job of threading chairs on and then gluing them?

Dave

even compared to your usual high standards, those 26 photos are pretty damned good.

At the risk of asking a stupid question (even compared to my usual standard of stupid questions) i take it that background is real?

You should really copy those photos onto the "how real is..." thread as they are PDG.

Is the CL track RTR or did you sit there with the worlds most tedious job of threading chairs on and then gluing them?

Thanks Derek. 

The background is real, yes.

And the CL track is RTR, thank goodness.