Building a G.W.R. Castle + more in 7mm OF from a JLTRT kit restarts on P.88 by OzzyO,

ozzyo

My God, you were the prototype for Conchita Wurst!!!  :O  :jester:

Who or what is that, photo please.

OzzyO.

PS, in not sure if that's good or bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PPS. looks like I've got good legs.

My God, you were the prototype for Conchita Wurst!!!  :O  :jester:

Who or what is that, photo please.

OzzyO.

PS, in not sure if that's good or bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here you go....

Stop bragging about your legs. Next you'll be telling everyone your skin is still as smooth as a baby's bottom.

Here you go....

Stop bragging about your legs. Next you'll be telling everyone your skin is still as smooth as a baby's bottom.

It is as smooth as a baby's bum, with a bad dose of nappy rash, and then some more.

Me legs are still good though (just look like milk bottles), it's just all the hairs stick out of me socks.

OzzyO.

PS. do want this avatar or the tin man?  Or something else?

I think I will keep away from the drinking water when I'm next up your way Ozzy, in case it's catching :O .

I think for a new avatar you would be better off with something like the old test card they use to have on ITN. :stinker:

ATB,

Martyn.

P.S.  Your a funny man, that's the first smile I've cracked today, did make me laugh you silly old b###er.

Everybody.

I wish to make it known that my 'Craftsmanship/Clever' rating was emphatically only for the model building - not for those first images: they will most likely give me nightmares. As ever, Shakespeare seems apposite (Banquo from Macbeth upon first seeing the witches):

...and so wild in their attire,
That look not like th' inhabitants o' th' Earth,
And yet are on ’t?...

...You should be women,
And yet your beards forbid me to interpret
That you are so.

I'm off for a lie down now - but what dreams may come?

Thank you,

BR(W).

Hi Paul...... What can I say?????

First thing in a morning at Cranmore..... Good legs!!!!!!! I need to go to my mothers and find photos..........

Thinking about it.... Did the GPO let you ware shorts?

Ian

Hi Paul...... What can I say?????

First thing in a morning at Cranmore..... Good legs!!!!!!! I need to go to my mothers and find photos..........

Thinking about it.... Did the GPO let you ware shorts?

Ian

Yes please Ian,

More photos the better it will be nice to see Ozzy in his prime... :O

Martyn.

11b said - ''first thing in the morning at Cranmore''

Noooooooo!!!!!!!!

You really do not want to see what Paul got up to during the night/morning at Cranmore.  Kev. (Who had to share a compo with the Eurovision reject!)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all,

this is the last post on the County build.

Setting the speedo in position,

post-8920-0-48062900-1402830889_thumb.jpg

post-8920-0-52512500-1402830902_thumb.jpg

The frames after grit-blasting, in the first photo you can see the screws that hold the vac. pump in position. The valve rods will be fitted after the frames are painted,

post-8920-0-74726000-1402830919_thumb.jpg

post-8920-0-04227300-1402830946_thumb.jpg

The backhead, on this build the owner is going to paint the backhead himself,

post-8920-0-22626300-1402831006_thumb.jpg

The main parts for the tender, this tender has been modified for sound fitting. The bracket to the right is for the wiring to and from the engine with the two brackets on the left for the speaker to fit on,

post-8920-0-78365600-1402831025_thumb.jpg

The engine body after grit-blasting,

post-8920-0-96189800-1402831048_thumb.jpg

The main parts of the loco drying off,

post-8920-0-05145500-1402831084_thumb.jpg

Some thing that I don't see very often, a finished loco on my test track. This is Steve's 5099 Compton Castle along with 1019 County of Merioneth,

post-8920-0-52017100-1402831100_thumb.jpg

post-8920-0-27129900-1402831118_thumb.jpg

post-8920-0-44502400-1402831134_thumb.jpg

post-8920-0-96834400-1402831147_thumb.jpg

Making a start on the next build, the frames. One set will be for a full build with the others for replacing some old style frames,

post-8920-0-16322500-1402830990_thumb.jpg

OzzyO.

Here is my miserable attempt at a County. It is a JM kit with a JLTRT resin boiler. I actually finished the build about 4 years ago but I never got it to run successfully and it blew a couple of DCC chips. Over the intervening years I have re-worked the bogie pivot and side control, added a rocking beam for the front axle and returned it to DC. Last week I decided that I was going to sort it out once and for all. Close inspection showed two tiny wear marks where the rear wheel rims had worn the paint away on the edge of the splasher cut out under the footplate. A thin washer under the rear fixing spacer sorted it and now it runs faultlessly. I even coaled the tender!!

Regards

Sandy

post-7733-0-75040200-1402841048_thumb.jpg

Here is my miserable attempt at a County. It is a JM kit with a JLTRT resin boiler. I actually finished the build about 4 years ago but I never got it to run successfully and it blew a couple of DCC chips. Over the intervening years I have re-worked the bogie pivot and side control, added a rocking beam for the front axle and returned it to DC. Last week I decided that I was going to sort it out once and for all. Close inspection showed two tiny wear marks where the rear wheel rims had worn the paint away on the edge of the splasher cut out under the footplate. A thin washer under the rear fixing spacer sorted it and now it runs faultlessly. I even coaled the tender!!

Regards

Sandy

Hello Sandy, all,

John's kits always made up to produce a good looking loco, they may have lacked a bit in the detail but you could always add more.

One thing that I do when test running a loco is to run them in primer for about an hour then remove the body and see if there are any "black" marks on the body or bright marks on the frames. All of my test running is done using DC, if a loco will run well on DC it should run better on DCC.

OzzyO.

Here is my miserable attempt at a County. It is a JM kit with a JLTRT resin boiler. I actually finished the build about 4 years ago but I never got it to run successfully and it blew a couple of DCC chips. Over the intervening years I have re-worked the bogie pivot and side control, added a rocking beam for the front axle and returned it to DC. Last week I decided that I was going to sort it out once and for all. Close inspection showed two tiny wear marks where the rear wheel rims had worn the paint away on the edge of the splasher cut out under the footplate. A thin washer under the rear fixing spacer sorted it and now it runs faultlessly. I even coaled the tender!!RegardsSandyattachicon.gifP1080111.JPG

county of Monmouth, rub it in why don't you!!!!!!! ;-)

Hello Sandy, all

One thing that I do when test running a loco is to run them in primer for about an hour then remove the body and see if there are any "black" marks on the body or bright marks on the frames. All of my test running is done using DC, if a loco will run well on DC it should run better on DCC.

OzzyO.

Sound advice. Why couldn't you have told me that 4 years ago???

Cheers mate

Sandy

Archived