Building a G.W.R. Castle + more in 7mm OF from a JLTRT kit restarts on P.88 by OzzyO,

ozzyo

OzzyO, does scratch building,

I scratch built these two this morning, I'm not sure what gauge they are though. 

Now to add the detail to them.

Both of them weigh in at over 1LB so they should have a bit of traction!

I don't know why some of you think that I'm pregnant?

I just like ?????????????????????????????????

post-8920-0-22297300-1403002917_thumb.jpg

post-8920-0-06743600-1403002924_thumb.jpg

OzzyO.

OzzyO, does scratch building,

I scratch built these two this morning, I'm not sure what gauge they are though. 

Now to add the detail to them.

Both of them weigh in at over 1LB so they should have a bit of traction!

I don't know why some of you think that I'm pregnant?

I just like ?????????????????????????????????

attachicon.gifpies 003.jpg

attachicon.gifpies 004.jpg

OzzyO.

Dunno about the gauge but if I ate those I'd be an OGLO... :sungum:

JF

According to Michael Delamar, if you put those pies onto a skewer, you get a Wigan kebab....

To get these pies on a skewer it would be a snooker cue.

Still waiting for the jelly to set, before I can  do the weathering..

OzzyO.

Wait....you weather PIES???!!?

Yep, they go in the big white box and come out all cool with the jelly all set then you just have to weather them. Well it's more like cut the bu99ers up and eat them, some times with peas and gravy, but most times just with another pie.

I'm trying to come up with some new pie fillings, how about the following?

Corned beef hash, that could just be meat and tattat.

The rest of them are secrete, but one of them if I can get it to work will blow your pants off. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFPPPP.

Hello all,

for the weathering I think that I'll use a lumpy green with a nice wash of brown. 

I'll try and remember to do a cross section for you Pete.

The only problem with pies is that all of the best fillings have been used, I'm trying to think of something new.

How about pie peas and gravy in a pie? Or a fish and chip pie? Chicken curry pie?

Must go now the nice men in the white coats have turned up with my nice jacket with the very long sleeves, looks like I'm going to play in that nice soft room for a while.

The very mad,

OzzyO.

Hello all,

for the weathering I think that I'll use a lumpy green with a nice wash of brown. 

The only problem with pies is that all of the best fillings have been used, I'm trying to think of something new.

How about pie peas and gravy in a pie? Or a fish and chip pie? Chicken curry pie?

Must go now the nice men in the white coats have turned up with my nice jacket with the very long sleeves, looks like I'm going to play in that nice soft room for a while.

The very mad,

OzzyO.

Liver,bacon,onions and mushrooms please :nyam:

JF

Liver,bacon,onions and mushrooms please :nyam:

JF

Now that one sounds interesting, yum, yum.

I may give that one a go soon.

When they let me out of this big soft room!!!!!!!!

OzzyO.

Hello all,

The very mad,

OzzyO.

It must be mustard for weathering a pork pie, surely? 

Sweeney and Todd in Reading do a huge range of pies on rotation and so fillings are running out. As a student we used to make toasties will all sorts in. It eventually culminated in pork pie toasties followed by a 'desert' toasties containing opal fruits. I cannot recommend the former, but the latter was a different flavour in every bite!

Back onto pies and for me port and venison with a Stilton crust will always be a winner. 

I should probably be in the corner of the room next door!

Ozzy,how about a pie within a pie within a pie like those three bird roasts you can buy from Lidl and Aldi.

Start with one of those miniature pork pies and end up with something like a Desperate Dan cow pie with the horns sticking out.

Ozzy,how about a pie within a pie within a pie like those three bird roasts you can buy from Lidl and Aldi.

Start with one of those miniature pork pies and end up with something like a Desperate Dan cow pie with the horns sticking out.

Working as butcher at the time, my colleagues made me an alternate 4 tier wedding cake from different sizes of pork pies when I got married.

Archived