filthy black 5

Michael Delamar

The railway had long had difficulty attracting young male cleaners. This was the solution; unfortunately the new uniform proved a little impractical, especially when working between the frames.

The railway had long had difficulty attracting young male cleaners. This was the solution; unfortunately the new uniform proved a little impractical, especially when working between the frames.

I disagree I can't see your average teenage male agreeing to wear a tartan miniskirt.

I think the Scots prefer to call them 'kilts' :P Don't call them a 'tartan miniskirt' to the face of the burly Glaswegian wearing one...

At last somebody chips in with a sensible comment. :D

The models certainly cannot be described as 'finescale' as various dimensional errors are readily visible. The kilt when kneeling should just touch the ground. Such a glaring error by a preservation society is totally inexcusable. Certain other anatomical features also do not appear to be to scale. I would be interested to see how the publicity people behind this idea go about promoting a trip to Coventry. :lol:

Bernard

• RMweb Premium

, especially when working between the frames.

Steady boy or we will be censored!:rolleyes:

I have just had a thought that this could be the new adult version of a day out with that silly tank engine face on the front of a loco;) I'd go to one of these events if that were the case; oh, hang on I've just got to adjust my pacemaker..........:)

36E

• RMweb Premium

I don't think the webmaster of uksteam.info will appreciate being called pregnant!

Tis indeed Perth. The Dobettes are a regular feature on RTC trips these days. A surefire way of steaming up the windows, especially on the Christmas trains!

Archived