Worsdell forever's Workbench - Loads of North Eastern Stuff

• RMweb Gold

As happened the other day with the transfers, I discovered on Tuesday night that I only had couplings for four vehicles, I have seven wagons (including two gunpowder vans) and the J77, anyway three packs of DG couplings arrived from MSE today so that is looking like the job for tonight.

I've also started another J77, this one is in Nickel Silver and is quite a bit bigger, it's a 7mm kit from N.E.R Days in Leeds, I built their NER 964 class saddletank a few years ago and the kits are a bit crude and not for beginners but are excellent value if you want to have a go at 7mm. The motor, gears and wheels cost more than the kit!

How much is the kit Paul?

7mm James?

Maybe :)

Will it be an S7 build or F/S?

Open minded I suppose - without wishing to take over Paul's thread or open a can of worms it seems like the choice of EM and P4; pluses and minuses for both.

We'll see :)

• RMweb Gold

Injectors ?....

A shunting stick laid behind the front lamp irons? ....

Funnily enough my other (LNER) J77 had a shunting stick behind the lamp irons, it's in the bottom of the box at the moment, it became unstuck and fell off last time out!

What is still to do is the 'neptune fork' and the other bit on the other side tank and then some fire irons to go on.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

A quick one before christmas, well it might go over but at this rate it should be quick, Dave Alexander's latest kit is for the NER class H, LNER Y7 - his usual quality castings, a nicely etched chassis and a pre rolled brass boiler.

post-7104-0-33141400-1387143591_thumb.jpg

post-7104-0-44702000-1387143611_thumb.jpg

post-7104-0-44373600-1387143626_thumb.jpg

post-7104-0-81073100-1387143643_thumb.jpg

post-7104-0-29248700-1387143572_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

Managed to get a rolling chassis tonight (gears not fixed yet), despite destroying one of the coupling rods while opening up the crankpin holes, they are a bit fine and the broach 'bit' and twisted the end clean off. Luckily I had some Gibson rods that I could butcher to fit.

post-7104-0-93336500-1387234451_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

I think the reason these went is they are designed for smaller crankpins, probably Romford type which are a lot thinner, Gibson bushes are 1.5mm and the boss on the rod is just a little over 2mm. The one visible in the photo is the surviving one from the kit.

post-7104-0-31084500-1387237814_thumb.jpg

• Like 1