Worsdell forever's Workbench - Loads of North Eastern Stuff

Very smart Paul. That looks lovely.

I look forward to seeing it pottering around at the York Show possibly? Or at Ormesby Hall? I see you are down for the Model Railway Weekend, I'm going to be there weathering. :)

Just a few little jobs to do now, paint the wires black/hide them, add a bit of coal to the bunker (tank top left hand side) a bit of weathering and fit couplings.

attachicon.gifIMGP8822-001.JPG

attachicon.gifIMGP8821-001.JPG

attachicon.gifIMGP8820-001.JPG

attachicon.gifIMGP8819-001.JPG

That is absolutely amazing, superb paint job and details, well done.

Looking good a nice job, the red cab interior looks good. When we were restoring the Q6 & J27 at Thornaby we found both were red inside, The best match was tile red floor paint. I have used American dark box car red on my models to good effect. Keep up the good work, hope to meet up at some show soon....:0)

• RMweb Gold

Hi All,

Thanks for all the comments, next I am getting back to trackwork on Greyscroft followed by quite a bit of rewiring and resignalling due to the crossover being moved onto the next board. Next outing is at Birtley at the beginning of March so best get on!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Class F8 No 420 is becoming Class A...

Re-gauged to EM and in the process of repainting, the green on the body is complete, there's quite a lot of the green that needs to be painting black, footplate, smokebox etc, then the wheels need to be green. Then the fun bit - lining!

post-7104-0-02191700-1398635019_thumb.jpg

post-7104-0-63572300-1398635028_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Re-gauged to EM and in the process of repainting, the green on the body is complete, there's quite a lot of the green that needs to be painting black, footplate, smokebox etc, then the wheels need to be green. Then the fun bit - lining!

attachicon.gifIMGP9278-001.JPG

attachicon.gifIMGP9279-001.JPG

It is very bright. Not used to greens like that.

It will look nice when finished. I think I like it more in green than black.

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifIMGP9278-001.JPG

attachicon.gifIMGP9279-001.JPG

Good god man, I had to reach for the shades...

• RMweb Gold

What shade of NER? Green is it ? Never seen anything that bright :sungum:

Paul,is it Cherry Paints NER (Saxony) green?

It's Precision Paints P525 NER Loco Green, compared to other models and the panel in North Eastern Record it seems a bit on the blue/deep side, it probably needs to be paler/yellower.