Worsdell forever's Workbench - Loads of North Eastern Stuff

Paul,

what/whose transfers do you use. I am building a G1 Class 4-4-0 and usually have used Kemco (now ModelMaster, I believe) for lining LNWR locos.

I'll need both lining and crests/lettering for the 1900's period livery.

Jol

• RMweb Gold

Hi Jol,

All the transfers are HMRS, NER loco & coach (sheet 18), plenty of all types of lettering and crests on the sheet and LNER lining (don't think this is absolutely correct as the 'white' lines should be very pale yellow). Both are Pressfix as they don't come as Methfix. Methfix would have been better for the lining. 

• RMweb Gold

While I have been repainting the class A I have made a start on building the 5 D&S coaches that I bought from the S4North bring & buy, first up is a 6 wheel Diag 9 Luggage Composite. It needs castings fitting to the underframe, end handrails and gas pipes to complete.

post-7104-0-81610500-1399238342_thumb.jpg

post-7104-0-60010700-1399238332_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

Paul

the As do look nice in lined livery...

post-7650-0-54549600-1399240465_thumb.jpg

post-7650-0-10032700-1399240596_thumb.jpg

Such a balanced loco ..

Mine is painted with Precision paints, and methfix lining - can't do white/black/white by hand for reasons best known to my eyes(!)

Inspection saloon is D & S hand lined, both have Steve Barnfield produced transfers..

• Like 2

Paul,

thanks for the lining information. I had hoped to use Modelmaster waterslide for the lining but their sheet doesn't appear to include the black/single white used around the splasher. I'll get some HMRS at ExpoEM.

Next thing is the plates as 247 don't do any for the G1 but I'll ask him if there is a possibility. The old JE plates are listed as being with Modelmasters but nothing appears on their site.

Jol

• RMweb Premium

While I have been repainting the class A I have made a start on building the 5 D&S coaches that I bought from the S4North bring & buy, first up is a 6 wheel Diag 9 Luggage Composite. It needs castings fitting to the underframe, end handrails and gas pipes to complete.

attachicon.gifIMGP9321-001.JPG

attachicon.gifIMGP9320-001.JPG

You don't half get through some kits paul. 

• RMweb Gold

I was still a bit worried about the new colour, it just didn't look right, it reminded me a bit of LSWR green. All that has changed now I have started lining and lettering tonight. 

attachicon.gifIMGP9297-001.JPG

Evening Paul,

An absolutely beautiful build and nicely finished.

Out of an interest I've just been given 'part built' (badly) Little Engines LNER A6 'Whitby Tank' with motor, gearbox, Romford wheels and some Gibson detailing parts.

Have you ever built one of these kits as they look like an interesting class of engine?

Cheers,

Mark

• RMweb Gold

Hi Mark,

Yes, I built one many years ago, my first whitemetal kit actually (1993/4 I think), it runs well but I made a few mistakes but the kit is ok, I've recently bought ArthurK's kit to build and I think I've learnt a bit in the intervening years to make a better job of that one! I've also built the Little Engines T1 kit and even though there was quite a bit of flash and the castings were a bit chunky it went together quite well.

"I have made a start on building the 5 D&S coaches that I bought from the S4North bring & buy" 

Paul,

following the recent topic on S4North  and the Bring and Buy, I would have thought that statement was tantamount to committing ritual hari-kiri.

Jol

Paul,

following the recent topic on S4North  and the Bring and Buy, I would have thought that statement was tantamount to committing ritual hari-kiri.

Jol

Jol, you know there is a few of us out there in the world that build D&S kits... the investors like us as we push up the prices! 8-)