Worsdell forever's Workbench - Loads of North Eastern Stuff

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

Have to agree with Mark, the coach is looking good. Are you going to be bringing it to Darlington as I wouldn't mind having a closer look.

Can I also ask who's kit is the L&Y van?

Cheers

Simon

I'm assuming I'll be there, not had any confirmation yet.

• RMweb Premium

Smashing stuff as usual Paul, the pre-grouping designs are so much more visually interesting than later designs.

I must caution you though because I repeatedly read on this forum that nobody our age builds kits, scratch builds or is interested in steam. Apparently we need to be buying RTR diesels and building TMD plank layouts. Tut tut...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Smashing stuff as usual Paul, the pre-grouping designs are so much more visually interesting than later designs.

I must caution you though because I repeatedly read on this forum that nobody our age builds kits, scratch builds or is interested in steam. Apparently we need to be buying RTR diesels and building TMD plank layouts. Tut tut...

So I've been getting it wrong all these years, should I go out and buy one of those hideous yellow Hornby class 37s? will that balance me out?

• RMweb Premium

So I've been getting it wrong all these years, should I go out and buy one of those hideous yellow Hornby class 37s? will that balance me out?

Yes that would be a good start to your rehabilitation into normal train society. You may also wish to plan your TMD layout to include as many points and as much track as humanly possible to fit on a plank. Don't you dare consider saving any space for scenics, plus you need to be ordering all the Bachmann RTP and Knightwing kit TMD buildings - it's the law.

• RMweb Premium

Steady now Chris....  I'm worried that all that scribing is starting to get to you.

Anyway you always ignore my advise...

Andy

Can you remind me what you advised me so that I can ignore it again please.

The vehicles are very nice Paul.  A real credit to your skill.  However, talking about your rehabilitation.  There are two paths you could have taken many years ago, the left hand path, which you took and leads to hell.  Then there is the right hand path, taken by many of US, and leads to everlasting  whatever.

I blame Fred.  He polluted your innocent mind.  At least, painting those carriages crimson lake - and don't fob me off with any other colour is a start.

Derek

Hello Paul,

you may want to think about putting something on the handle of the rivet press. You could use a few thickness's of shrink wrap of something called morphing putty? It's like a semi soft two part epoxy and it will mould to your hand shape.

OzzyO. 

• RMweb Gold

Don't forget to count them old fruit...

Fingers and toes at the ready!

Hello Paul,

you may want to think about putting something on the handle of the rivet press. You could use a few thickness's of shrink wrap of something called morphing putty? It's like a semi soft two part epoxy and it will mould to your hand shape.

OzzyO. 

Yes, I realised that the first time I pressed it.

• 4 weeks later...

You could use a few thickness's of shrink wrap of something called morphing putty? It's like a semi soft two part epoxy and it will mould to your hand shape.

"Polymorph"

Comes in dry small pellet form. Becomes totally mouldable with a constituency similar to warm blue tac at 70 degrees C and is reusable. Uses include to enlarge cutlery handles for those that have poor grip.

I've just used it to make a die to push out Ultrascale Class 24 wheel centres. Even able to machine it once it has returned to its solid state.

Cheap as chips on ebay.

P