Worsdell forever's Workbench - Loads of North Eastern Stuff

• RMweb Gold

That tender looks amazing, well done! What's the product code for the red lining? I had a look on Fox's website but couldn't find anything.

Thanks, the code for the lining is FG1596, it's not in with the railway transfers but 'General Alphabets and Lining'. Boiler bands are FRH4075/6 - LNWR & BR, also does NER & LNER black locos.

After a good weekend playing with deseesels on 'Diesels in the Duchy' at Perth it's back to the lining, there's a lot of it! I'm about half way there...

post-7104-0-98728400-1435613376_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for your replies, the speaker is a YouChoos Sugarcube 9 , the decoder and speaker are in the tender, which needs a bit of something in it to stop it reverberating a bit, it is after all a brass box.

• RMweb Gold

Continued with the lining tonight, the loco is finished!! (I think...) and I've done a bit more to the tender. One little problem is how were the rods painted, were they all red? some early colour photos show just the flutes in red.

post-7104-0-89907300-1436219809_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Paul

sugar cubes can fit in between EM frames (and the smallest ones fit into OO frames as well. I fit them under the smokebox (2 off) facing down so the sound "comes from the right vicinity"...

Baz

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Paul

sugar cubes can fit in between EM frames (and the smallest ones fit into OO frames as well. I fit them under the smokebox (2 off) facing down so the sound "comes from the right vicinity"...

Baz

It probably would fit in there if it wasn't for the ruddy great compensation beam...

• RMweb Gold

Well that's about it for painting and lining, it needs a bit of weathering, coal, fire irons and glazing to finish. Very happy with how it's turned out and if anyone wants to see it in the flesh I'll have it with me at Goathland next weekend. 

post-7104-0-89105700-1436603125_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

Guest G567281

Well that's about it for painting and lining, it needs a bit of weathering, coal, fire irons and glazing to finish. Very happy with how it's turned out and if anyone wants to see it in the flesh I'll have it with me at Goathland next weekend. 

attachicon.gifIMGP1930-003.JPG

1860 real does look and sound superb - is she going back to Rosedale or transfering to Salturn ?. A very nicely executed project indeed.

Well done.

Alan