Worsdell forever's Workbench - Loads of North Eastern Stuff

• RMweb Gold

Nothing done over the weekend but progress with painting tonight. The splasher beading has had the paint scraped off but the safety valve cover and chimney top has had to be painted as they wouldn't clean up well enough. 

post-7104-0-42871500-1468868950_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

Nothing done over the weekend but progress with painting tonight. The splasher beading has had the paint scraped off but the safety valve cover and chimney top has had to be painted as they wouldn't clean up well enough. 

attachicon.gifIMGP9508-001.JPG

Don't forget there was a black strip on the bottom of the boiler the same width as the frames,

What do you mean by that Barry. Do you mean the bottom of the boiler was painted black? OK I don't know much about the NER

Derek

Yes, you can even see it in some photos, like some Midland locos had a yellow patch, known as yellow bellies, I think it was Kentish Town that did this,.....OWEN not Barry

My apols Owen, call it a senior moment, I get a lot of them these days. Yes, Johnson was said to paint the underside of some of his engines bright yellow to reflect light on the motion, but I can only think of those, like the large singles, that were exhibited for public viewing in events like engineering exhibitions.

Derek

Edited by Mrkirtley800
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've made a start lining the Class Q but there's not a lot to show yet, in the meantime it will need something to haul.

NER diagram 14 third. This side is done, the other side started. The solebar and headstock need painting lake as does the lower roof, the red is just an undercoat.

post-7104-0-34255900-1469948397_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

I've made a start lining the Class Q but there's not a lot to show yet, in the meantime it will need something to haul.

NER diagram 14 third. This side is done, the other side started. The solebar and headstock need painting lake as does the lower roof, the red is just an undercoat.

attachicon.gifIMGP9509-001.JPG

Beautiful Paul, and a pleasant colour for a change ;-p

Lovely coach. Always loved NER lake livery. Much nicer than midland Crimson lake :P

I feel insulted??? But nice to see Paul recognises Crimson lake, and don't tell me it was different.

However, Paul, it looks very nice. If you are taking orders for coach building I have a few for you.

Derek

• RMweb Gold

Never understood the 'Lake' in 'Crimson Lake'. What does it mean?

Often wondered myself, this is from Wikipedia.

Etymology[edit]

This sense of lake is unconnected with lake meaning body of water; it derives from the word lac (referring to a resinous secretion).[3] It has the same root as the word lacquer, and comes originally from the Hindi word lakh, through the Arabic word lakk and the Persian word lak.[4]

• Like 1

So Paul, I guess you've never stood naked on the shore of a flat calm lake and looked on in wonderment at the changing colours of the reflections after the sun has dropped below the horizon. You have never gazed upon the spectacle during those fleeting moments of the transformation of the dazzling firesome orange sky turning the serene watery surface to a lustreless crimson?

NO? Neither have I!

Back to modelling.   :smile_mini2:

P

Edited by Porcy Mane

• RMweb Gold

So Paul, I guess you've never stood naked on the shore of a flat calm lake and gazed in wonderment at the changing colours of the reflections after the sun has dropped below the horizon. You have never gazed upon the spectacle during those fleeting moments of the transformation of the dazzling firesome orange sky turning the serene watery surface to a lustreless crimson?

NO? Neither have I!

P

We do worry about you sometimes...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

So Paul, I guess you've never stood naked on the shore of a flat calm lake and looked on in wonderment at the changing colours of the reflections after the sun has dropped below the horizon. You have never gazed upon the spectacle during those fleeting moments of the transformation of the dazzling firesome orange sky turning the serene watery surface to a lustreless crimson?

NO? Neither have I!

P

gazed upon the spectacle....  I misread that

Andy