Outon Road

RBE

By the way Ian the extension is on this thread a bit further back. Ill do a plan later and post it up showing how the scenics will work and how I plan to do the roundy roundy fiddle yard.

Cav

Cheers guys.

Anyway a message for Jon (sandhills) as for some god knows reason I cant post to the galley or send pms from my android phone nowadays.

Jon the wear on 47210 is done by adding light paint to the dark. it can certainly be done the other way but I feel adding paint is much more controllable and allows you to 'replace' paint using thinners on a cotton bud should it not be exactly as you like it. the key is to keep the added paint as a thin layer almost scrubbed on so that you dont get a 3D effect on the bodyside. You can always scrub a bit more on later should it not look worn enough.

Cav

Ian here is a picture showing the extension added and the proposed fiddle yard traverser.

Cav

Thanks bud - looking forward to seeing it at MRail Live (well half of it) did you intend on expanding Outon I always seem to do this by "bolting something on and hope for the best" as an afterthought it usually seems to work out quite well though.. Excellent - Ian.

No originally it was built for the 2010 challenge as a bit of fun. it turned out to be very popular. The extension came about as a discussion between me and the missus. She is my co driver at exhibitions and she said it would be great to have a bit more space and see the trains approaching. hence the extension.

Great plan mate, glad you included the roundy roundy bit i think that will also add a different dimension to it and be easier for running at shows, the extension looks good too, i finally understand it hahah

my missus is understanding but not participatory hahaha i think she is just happy it keeps me quiet and out the way

Haha glad you understand the plan at last. A picture spells a thousand words. Having seen the plan on paper rather than in my head I think it looks pretty good. Definately going to do the roundy thing.

Cav

Cav - good to meet up at B&ELMRS in "sunny" Accrington. Always good to put faces to names - impressed by your plans and projects and depth of knowledge - could have chatted for longer if not for an impatient 10 year old.......

Looking forward to Barrow Hill to see Outon - Cheers - Ian

Cheers Ian always a pleasure to chat and thanks for the compliments always appreciated. Looking forward to model rail live I just need to really work now to get it all done in time. Ill then have the big push to get the roundy roundy finished for Mansfield. Been playinf on New Bryford today and it really has fuelled my need for a continuous run. Thanks for the play on there btw Mick.

Cav

Yeah ill second that Pete, the jobs on my 08 and 09 are superb and im really looking forward to the 2 duffs that are on his workbench

Neil - will you be running any of your stock on Outon next weekend at BH? - Cav's Vi Rf 47 top notch - a credit to a sometimes inferior model (will be shot for saying that)

Cheers for the big up guys much apprieciated. However Ian I must shoot you for the ViTrains comment its the best one IMO. TBH the finish is much better on the Bachmann model but the vitrains is a far better shape. If you are doing a repaint and detail job then its the only choice. If you arent then probably the Bachmann is the better choice. I personally prefer the better shape and the not yet fitted details that just get in the way.

Cav

Hi Chaps,

Following the comments about the Duffs with much interest. As someone who is still running a Heljan duff (47280,repainted/weathered in RFD livery) I must say I'm pretty pleased with it. I have a couple of other 47s planned so the difference between the bachy and Vitrains models are very interesting indeed.

However, work on the layouts must come first before locos at the moment.

Cheers

Hi Ian, i think there my be a chance that some of my stock wiil get a run out during saturday as im only there that day and depending on What Cav wants me to bring, i think my 2 47's that im picking up from Cav may get seen through Outon, maybe my 09 and 20 or maybe a coal 37 hahahaha :)

Hi Chaps,

Following the comments about the Duffs with much interest. As someone who is still running a Heljan duff (47280,repainted/weathered in RFD livery) I must say I'm pretty pleased with it. I have a couple of other 47s planned so the difference between the bachy and Vitrains models are very interesting indeed.

However, work on the layouts must come first before locos at the moment.

Cheers

I would give the Vitrains a go if your planning a repaint. I personally dont get on with the Heljan model. As a big fan of class 47s I cant accept the face. The width issue was never a problem but the front window shape is. Shame really as they run well.

Neil the 47s will certainly get an Outing. I guess Outon Road will be the place to see 47s and 37s on the saturday.

Cav

Cheers for the big up guys much apprieciated. However Ian I must shoot you for the ViTrains comment its the best one IMO. TBH the finish is much better on the Bachmann model but the vitrains is a far better shape. If you are doing a repaint and detail job then its the only choice. If you arent then probably the Bachmann is the better choice. I personally prefer the better shape and the not yet fitted details that just get in the way.

Cav

I thought your 47 was "unVitrain" looking - I have to be careful here and say you took the cheapness out of it - an excellent job - I remember telling you I had to "get the superglue out" on the last Vi I bought nevertheless after a study the shape does look very good.

Archived