Outon Road

RBE

I didnt think the concrete idea was a bad one too but it appears that the general concensus prefers the railings so we will have to see what I like best when I try it. I certainly wont leave something I dont like on there so watch this space.

Cav

Just a quick couple of pics. Getting the layout ready for model rail live now so phase 2 is on the back burner for a couple of weeks. Anyway last night I made this to run between my BDAs. Its a RRA runner wagon. Not rivet counting accurate but very much good enough I think. I had a spare VDA chassis collecting dust so for a few hours work I think it makes an interesting addition to the stock fleet. . Need to do a little more to the deck and give it a full matt coat but can only really do more once its dried. Comments welcome as always.

Cav

post-6894-0-26152300-1314348034_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-14631300-1314348062_thumb.jpg

Cheers. I would love a nice long steel train with a 60 at the helm but at present my fiddle yards are only 3ft which means I can only get a loco 2 bdas and the runner in there. after model rail Im planning to get the extension finished and then make the fiddle yard at the back in a roundy roundy fashion. I will then be able to run much longer trains through which I think will add even more interest.

Cav

Cheers Vac Basher that is praise indeed. As I said its not a perfect replica mainly due to the Hornby chassis I used but I think it looks the biz in any case. As for the pair of 37s idea, that sounds excellent I used to love those rumbling through Chesterfield when I was a lad. almost wish Id done my pair in metals now haha

Cav.

Hi mate

that looks really really good, impressive work and the paint finish looks superb, looking forward to seeing it at model rail live, i may have to have a few pics and have a go myself, think i have another VDA laying about

How and what did you do??

Neil

Thanks Wayne, not had chance to photograph the BDAs with the runner yet but might get chance tomorrow. In the meantime heres a couple of pics of 47210 at home on Outon Road.

post-6894-0-67514000-1314486086_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-45267200-1314486133_thumb.jpg

Both of the above have had some exhaust photoshopery, not sure if its worked though!

Cav

haha yeah iv only got the 2 but there knocking about round Outon Road at the moment, i think i might get them sound chipped first, im sure they will make an appearance at model rail live

Neil

Indeed I heard they were working the area! I'll see if I can cop them going through and get some pics of them over the next week or so!! ;)

Sound would be niice on 210, I cant really afford the chips at the min but in time she'll get her lungs.

210 is by far my favourite model loco.. Going to have a go at a Vi '47 in Rfd myself I think after seeing the work done on it.. And Outon Rd is also my favourite thread.. Always first thing I look for when I log on to Rmweb!! The extension for it is awaited for with real anticipation!! Top work Cav!! Keep the pic up dates coming thick and fast mate please!! :)

Love the 47 pic's and looking forward to seeing it at Barrow Hill, Andy.

As well as myself could not make the RMWeb Members day - in all accounts MRLIVE was excellent last year.

Any other RMWEBBERS going along?

Have you a plan of the extension or could you forward the link? - Cheers - Ian

Archived