Hornby Magazine/Dapol Stove R .

Graham_Muz

Down my way they don't put stuff through the catflap. I've come home and found a new loco propped up against the front door on a couple of occasions.<_<

Better than my relief postie, (my regular one's spot on for the record). He dropped a loco through an open front window even though I was in the kitchen. Just missed the fish tank below thankfully.

Bet you can't imagine the conversation that followed!

Penguin of Doom :

Better than my relief postie, (my regular one's spot on for the record). He dropped a loco through an open front window even though I was in the kitchen. Just missed the fish tank below thankfully.

Mrs. Penguin of Doom : There's a Stove R in the fish tank.

Mr. Penguin of Doom : What colour is it?

• RMweb Gold

Penguin of Doom :

Mrs Penguin of Doom : I can't tell in the murky water - but the brake shoes don't line up with the wheels!

Penguin of Doom :

"A sort of algae green...... could it be a southern railway one?....."

Mrs Penguin of Doom : I can't tell in the murky water - but the brake shoes don't line up with the wheels!

"Must be because of all that c-rudd"

Sounds fishy to me....

Deep breath - "I think you're talking pollocks....."

Thats all for now. Join me next week for some more departmental wagon/Southern railway colour scheme related shennanigans.....:lol:

• RMweb Premium

Not me, but the postman left it there, which was very considerate as it saved a trip to the sorting office! :) It appeared to suffer no harm by being left out in the cold although I thought the wheels may have shrunk a little! ;)

Hi,

We've got to remember that there is only 2 ladies at Ian Allen dealing with the posting of these models and it may take along time to process all the orders.

With only 2 ladies, it is inevitable that a few slips ups creep in, so please be patient!

Simon

Hmm. There is always the dangerously decadent principle of staffing the job in proportion with the level of work - I do realise of course that that's hideously old-fashioned nowadays, but I find it hard to believe that Ian Allan couldn't temporarily rustle up a few extras from somewhere.

Guest Max Stafford

Maroon sample just arrived. To my eyes the bodywork looks lovely and passes muster. I shall do the Brassmasters Cleminson conversion though. The tricky part might be doing so without altering the right height - might have to cut out recesses in the floor as I don't wish to lose the coupler mounts.

On the whole though and well-discussed issues notwithstanding, I like this model. :)

Dave.

Well, my Crimson model arrived Monday, and last night at the club I got the chance to test it:

All seems well with it- derailed just twice, but only because there was something on the track and it wasn't on properly (the only problem for me with that centre wheelset.) Looks beautiful, runs beautiful. A great model in my opinion.

Does anyone know of a good source of prototype photos for the Stove 'R', please?

CK,

Are these any help? (They have been posted before)

Bury East Lancs Railway 23 02 08

post-1161-0-28313700-1298463458_thumb.jpg

post-1161-0-43347400-1298463455_thumb.jpg

ooooops just realised posted earlier in this thread :rolleyes:

Archived