Hornby Magazine/Dapol Stove R .

Graham_Muz

Hi Tony, Can I just say that if you don't have toy train curves on your layout, it is a simple matter to prevent the outer pony trucks from swivelling with a spot of glue. The Stove R definitely runs much better.

I've gone the extra mile and fitted 14mm Hornby coach wheels (extra weight).

It seems a simple enough job to immobilise the outer axles but, what would the minimum manageable radius be then? If you've put it to the test I would be grateful for the info.

Les Bird

It seems a simple enough job to immobilise the outer axles but, what would the minimum manageable radius be then? If you've put it to the test I would be grateful for the info.

This thread might be of interest....

http://www.rmweb.co....__1#entry316821

I simply bent a yard of Peco track into an 'S' bend on which to try out the finished coach, but I have no idea what the radius was. I'll simply say it was very sharp, far sharper than 24".

post-6680-0-31235500-1296996406_thumb.jpg

Just to join in the fun, I have a quick question that someone out there in RMweb land may be able to answer.

I was late sending my order form off, (Mid January), but requested a Maroon version. I've heard nothing since, but understand the Maroon version was the first version to reach these shores. My question is, have all the first batch of Maroon ones gone out, and if so, will I have to wait for the next batch to be produced?

Only a query, so no worries if it can't be answered.

Cheers.

Sean.

Just to join in the fun, I have a quick question that someone out there in RMweb land may be able to answer.

I was late sending my order form off, (Mid January), but requested a Maroon version. I've heard nothing since, but understand the Maroon version was the first version to reach these shores. My question is, have all the first batch of Maroon ones gone out, and if so, will I have to wait for the next batch to be produced?

Only a query, so no worries if it can't be answered.

Surely Ian Allan or Hornby Magazine are the people who would know the answer to that one :rolleyes:

I received my other two stove's last night - one in blue and one in crimson, and the colour is much better than the maroon one on both vehicles. The finish and lettering is very good. I'm happy with them regardless of the inacuracies mentioned.

Sounds promising. Colin has mine in the correct (LMS of course :lol:) livery but I won't get to see it until I meet hin at the Nottingham show in March.

Hi,

As some forum members placed their orders after the December deadline they might have experienced some delay in receiving their order. I am one of those patient souls strill awaiting their Stove R however I have just received this message from Ian Allan, hopefully it might allay some concerns:

Hi Tim

I am pleased to confirm that you order from December is logged on our system. It was originally 2 units but, as per your email of 31st January, this has been amended to 1 x BR crimson.

I have been advised that this will be despatched this week.

As ever, thanks for your patience!

Regards

Margaret Hayes

• RMweb Premium

With thanks to DesA, I received this email referring to my order of 2 BR Crimson Stoves.

Apologies for the delay. Models were received into the office on the 1st January. Your models were despatched to you on the 7th February.

That means I should get them next week B)

Peter

Just found this Rail Blue Stove R No. M32978 that I shot in Abergele on 24th June 1977. If you've a blue 'un, remove those end steps and corridor connections.(End steps started to be removed in the early 1960s). Note modified footboards too.

Going off the open window, I wonder if there was a guard in there...?

post-6680-0-06838100-1297537867_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Just found this Rail Blue Stove R No. M32978 that I shot in Abergele on 24th June 1977. If you've a blue 'un, remove those end steps and corridor connections.(End steps started to be removed in the early 1960s). Note modified footboards too.

Yes, this was the era when discouraging people from meeting the 25kV OHLE became a practical exercise. Stopping them climbing was seen as a great help!

• RMweb Premium

My 2 arrived today and I am impressed with the crisp details (allowing for errors). :lol: :lol: :lol:

Straight onto the track and the centre wheel height was a problem in some areas so the height was adjusted courtesy of Coachman in "Stoking up a Stove" and problem disappeared. B)

Peter

Archived