If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The "Sadly, I didn't make it to Stafford today" thread

Oldddudders

I had planned togo to Stafford, but after tring to mediate between my son and his (now ex) partner, well into the small hours of last night, and also managing to pull a muscle lifting a Marshall bass amp, I think a quiet day in the garden will do me more good.

Not an old Marshall SuperBass from the mid-sixties?

My favourite amp for my Les Pauls!

I refuse to get involved with my Son's women............I have enough trouble and still don't have the answers.

Best, Pete.

No, its a bit more modern than that its a Base State B150 - All I need now is a Guitar!

Is this a mid life crisis? I appear to be returning to the thinks of my youth - model railways and guitars.

• RMweb Premium

Nothing too exotic for me I'm afraid. Now on my second day in hospital with an infection in my left leg. Peaceful and resting, but not where I want to be....

Get well soon Gordon! Sorry to see you've not been well.

I would have gone to Stafford with Lloyd (Baby Deltic) but family obligations have intervened. We went to a combined church fete and model railway show this morning as sort of compensation, even Mrs W liked a couple of the layouts.

Maybe next year.........

Communing with the horses.

Listening to "The Now Show".

Trying to get the blasted inkjets working again on my 12-year-old Epson Stylus 880 printer :angry:

More hacking and filling on the Hybrid ProtoDeltic.

So, to be honest, I don't really think I've missed anything.

• RMweb Gold

Had a walk on the beach and links this morning then went to the local Lifeboat Open Day after lunch. As usual came back with more books from the bookstall! I enjoyed the ferret racing too.

post-5613-0-61667600-1309620910_thumb.jpg

RNLB Duke of Kent and Celtic Warrior at Blyth

David

• RMweb Premium

I went for a somewhat longish walk - six hours and not strolling I might add. Punishing as I'm a bit out of shape, but good to get some of the calories and cholesterol burnt out of my bloodstream :)

• Like 1

Get well soon Gordon! Sorry to see you've not been well.

I would have gone to Stafford with Lloyd (Baby Deltic) but family obligations have intervened. We went to a combined church fete and model railway show this morning as sort of compensation, even Mrs W liked a couple of the layouts.

Maybe next year.........

Did you go to the Basildon Show, Colin? I got as far as Chelmsford before I 'did my dough' on a the last green 37 (D6801) in John Dutfields.

I couldn't make it either for a variety of reasons ranging from cost of fuel to leaving my wife who's got a filthy cold, alone with Adam our 4 Y.O. all day.

I'm not that tight when it come to paying for fuel but as I am paying council tax on my late mothers empty property (which galls me) and the the fact that we have taken the plunge in sending Adam to a private school when he starts in September means I/we are watching every penny at the moment.

Hopefully the mums house will either be sold or rented by this time next year means that luxury trips will be more affordable.

Anybody what to buy a nice bungalow with granny flat and huge double length garage that opens up into a double width at the far end in Devizes? A previous owner had it built to rebuild a car in it at some point.

Regards, Mark

• RMweb Premium

Daughter wanted to go cycling with her dad this morning so I contented myself with working on the group's new control panel when I wasn't pedaling, doing some VBA in Excel for daughter's school, painting the control panel top (or building its frame) and dozing (during the afternoon after several weeks of not getting too much sleep at night).

Currently having to listen to Foo Fighters through an open window. Hopefully they'll pack up about 10.30pm (but they're back again tomorrow).

Hope it went well and sorry I missed it.

I missed the day today because I agreed to act as a reader/transcriber for a friend who was taking an important exam today and is VERY dyslexic, very clever, but very dyslexic. Oh yes, and I agreed to adopt someone today as well.

I think it might just have been worth it.

Double booked unfortunately, I was on "The severnsider" Railtour around Bristol and Gloucester. It was a good day but would have liked to have accompanied Temeraire up to the event. That was the plan until I checked the calendar.. :angry:

• RMweb Premium

I was playing cricket this afternoon. Which is the main reason why modelling activity happens between September & March! Any how, it was an enjoyable game, which we won with 3 balls to spare - nothing like a tight finish to unsettle the nerves!

Ralph

Lambton58

• RMweb Premium

Did you go to the Basildon Show, Colin? I got as far as Chelmsford before I 'did my dough' on a the last green 37 (D6801) in John Dutfields.

No, it was at Lawford church (Manningtree). I didn't even know about the Basildon show but given that I had to be home early PM for family visitors, I couldn't have gone anyway.

• RMweb Gold

Spent the day at Mevagissy World of Model Railways' 40th Birthday party celebrations, exhibiting Laterite & Co. Whilst there I spent my 2nd prize voucher (T9 in black) and birthday money ( 61xx in GWR shirtbutton green), plus loaned Porth Byhan for display.

Then rushed home to read the Member's Day thread to see what I'd missed !

Guest stuartp

We were driving back from a week on the Yorkshire coast - if anyone was at Pickering station on Friday afternoon I was the one with the blonde toddler swinging on his reins shouting "WANNAGOSEECARS !" whilst being made to look at 45407 running round.

Thanks to everyone who's posted pics so I can see what I missed.

Modelling activity of any sort is strictly verboten in ma-in-law's caravan. Oops ...

post-270-0-83921400-1309684600_thumb.jpg

Can yer tell what it is yet ?

About 4,200 miles for me but I really wanted to go; my timing was out.......plus I've got 5 Italians and 7 Americans coming over for July 4th and my Wife would've killed me.................

Best, Pete.

Next year pete pick me up in Cincinnati on the way we will go :-)

No1 Daughter and her fiancee where home from Germany for the weekend and we had to do weddingy stuff.

Also there where some Scouting activities, including catering for the Calne Country & Western Festival and the Wiltshire White Horse Challenge in aid of the Wiltshire Air Ambulance, where groups are invitied to walk all 7 of the Wilthsire White Horse monuments in one weekend, a total of 55 miles in 2 days.

I didn't partake in any of the Walking, I managed to get the plum job of driving the mini-bus dropping off the walkers to the various checkpoints. We had Scouts, Cubs and Beavers with there parents all walking various distances today. in fact one of our Scouts completed 26 miles today!!.

Regards

Neal.