Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

• RMweb Premium

Am I the only one that's a bit sceptical about it being £59, maybe a typo for £159 ? but I soooooo hope it is correct !

Order one, you'll soon find out.

I like MRD their delivery is pretty smart on 'in stock' items.

I ordered some bits Wednesday evening @ 23:00, selected Royal Mail 1st class (don't bother with the 24hr express), and they were here Friday morning.

Keith

Hornby 1948 Olympic train pack for £59

Great heads up, thank you for that. I have just ordered two, if they arrive in good order I may well order two more. Been hankering after that train pack for a good while, but just did not have the cash to pay the full RRP or near it. £59? Bargain of the century, surely, with a DCC ready N2 and two teaks. 

• RMweb Premium

Ordered one and it went through OK so an not worried. Pity, as I could have bid on this one and spent £1114 instead!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R2981-LONDON-OLYMPICS-1948-Set-MINT-BOXED-/221182324503?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item337f7e6f17

Ian Allan in Birmingham had some at big discount as well (not as low as £59 though!)

Modelzone still want full MRSP.

Hornby website has them at £149 - £55 discount

Olympic stuff is "so last year" as some might say.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Another me too here! Now down to 20 and having made an addition to order by phone am told they are going fast!

PS Very polite & friendly to deal with on phone!

I wonder how much profit they make on each set especially as the RRP was £205.

• RMweb Gold

I wonder how much profit they make on each set especially as the RRP was £205.

I suspect Hornby will have pretty much given them away as under the terms of their licence they only have until March to get shot of that massive Olympic stockpile.

Well, it would be criminal to pass this up, when such a Waverley Route scene as this, with 69510 on shed, could be recreated:

http://www.railbrit.co.uk/imageenlarge/imagecomplete.php?id=34447

Two more Gresley teaks will be surplus after this transaction, which took stock down to 11.

Chard, if those Gresley teaks are surplus will you do a deal with me please?

Stewart

Archived