rails of sheffield

david heath

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, wombatofludham said:

I must admit I can sometimes forget to leave feedback and then end up with multiple essays to write.  Doesn't help that eBay messages to remind me get lost in all the other crap they put out which means I don't read the messages.

That’s why I do a cut and past reply.  So much easier and both parties know that the transaction has gone well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

I'm glad it's not just me that thinks the rails marketing machine is a little keen! I've started to worry if my email isn't working if I don't get a mail from them each day ;)

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Email from Rails explains that they have acquired the Hatton's name

For further information see Hatton's thread in the Products & Trade area.

Edited by 1E BoY
Already posted elsewhere
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dutch-Traindriver said:

"Rails of Sheffield will be taking over the Hattons email database" How is it possible that a commercial company takes over the entire database from another company? Hattons customers never gave permission for this......

The option to opt out was sent in an email today

Screen Shot 2024-03-15 at 19.34.09.png

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Dutch-Traindriver said:

Whether or not there is an option to unsubscribe, it remains a very strange move by Hattons to transfer their entire database to former competitor ROS without the consent of their customers...

Not strange, and not at all uncommon. The db is a business asset.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

9 hours ago, Dutch-Traindriver said:

Whether or not there is an option to unsubscribe, it remains a very strange move by Hattons to transfer their entire database to former competitor ROS without the consent of their customers...

Not a strange move at all as Rails has aquired the Hattons brand.

IMG_5549.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Well, what is the profit for the customer, you buy something because you want the product and the price and service are as desired. Buying up an old company name like "Hattons" doesn't change that. Then you just buy from RoS...... Don't expect the number of advertising emails to go from 3 to 6 per day... I don't know any company that sends as many emails as RoS!

10 hours ago, Dutch-Traindriver said:

Nothing strange about it at all. 

The database has a value which Hattons have sold to ROS.

Hattons have ceased trading so they have no further need for it. They simply liquidated an asset.

• Agree 3

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Dutch-Traindriver said:

don't know any company that sends as many emails as RoS!

Just unsubscribe then instead of whining on here.

• Like 3
  • Agree 9
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Just unsubscribe then instead of whining on here.

Precisely, complaining about something you can stop with a click strikes me as an example of just looking for reasons to be outraged.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Dutch-Traindriver said:

I don't know any company that sends as many emails as RoS!

I have a Rails account and don't get loads of e-mails.

Just unsubscribe.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

Precisely, complaining about something you can stop with a click strikes me as an example of just looking for reasons to be outraged.

Exactly what I did on receiving the email. Takes literally a few seconds, so not an issue at all.

It isn't that I don't like Rails, quite the contrary in fact as I've spent a lot with them over many years. I just don't like endless emails from anyone. I also monitor the Rails website on a regular basis anyway.

John.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

It is the sheer quantity of emails some organisations send you, rather than that you get them at all.  

Rails are getting annoying and are at risk of cancellation by me now, but are by no means the worst.  I booked a cruise a couple of years ago, had good service from the agency, but immediately began to get deluged with 4-5 emails a week about more cruises, plus leaflets and brochures twice a week by post.  After a couple of months of this I opted-out, and when their website asked for a reason why I replied "How many cruise holidays a year can one person actually take?; and you must have blown your entire profit from my business on postage of stuff that goes straight in the bin".

One firm I use has the best idea; when you sign-up they actually ask you: "How often would you like to receive marketing communications from us:  daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, not at all?"  I opted for monthly and have been entirely content; very sensible.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

I placed an order with rails on Friday night opted for DPD next day and to my surprise it arrived today 

great service 

John  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Had two emails both of which cannot be right. One from Bachmann with a link to models  which they are due in the next 30 days and one from Rails with a link to the same Bachmann models they expect to have in the next 30 days. Now unless there is some immediate Star Trek like transporter between Barwell and Sheffield, Rails what they expect to have in the next 30 days needs to be a few days longer.

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Butler Henderson said:

Had two emails both of which cannot be right. One from Bachmann with a link to models  which they are due in the next 30 days and one from Rails with a link to the same Bachmann models they expect to have in the next 30 days. Now unless there is some immediate Star Trek like transporter between Barwell and Sheffield, Rails what they expect to have in the next 30 days needs to be a few days longer.

Eh? there's nowt to say that the items in question aren't going to turn up at Bachmann until the 30th day, so it is quite possible that they will be in stock at Rails within the next 30 days.

Edited by spamcan61

2 hours ago, spamcan61 said:

Eh? there's nowt to say that the items in question aren't going to turn up at Bachmann until the 30th day, so it is quite possible that they will be in stock at Rails within the next 30 days.

But equally theres nothing to say they won't. Rails would be better saying Bachmann expect to have received the following models in the next 30 days and we will be receiving stock therafter.

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Butler Henderson said:

But equally theres nothing to say they won't. Rails would be better saying Bachmann expect to have received the following models in the next 30 days and we will be receiving stock therafter.

Untitled.jpg.d604a0c8ff2216f52820861e910de512.jpg

• Like 1