rails of sheffield

david heath

• 1 month later...

Good morning folks,

Big thank you to Rails for good customer service.

I had a defective Rapido W&U tramcar which I had to return. As well as the return label being emailed to me I also had a phone call from Shane, who had responded to my original request to return the model.

He rang to confirm he had sorted out a replacement and checked it over to make sure none of the same three manufacturing faults were present.

Looking forward to the replacement arriving this coming week.

They also honoured the original pre-order price for the Dapol B4 coming this week as well 😁

Cheers, Nigel.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Dutch-Traindriver said:

Every day, 3 to 4 emails, 7 days a week, even if there really is nothing to report. Fortunately, not every company does this spam, so I'll unsubscribe....

Are the emails actually from Rails and not some form of spam purporting to be from Rails ?

Why not contact Rails and report what is happening

• Informative/Useful 1

Yes, they all come from Rails of Sheffield itself. Offers, discount codes, discounts at their E-Bay store, promotions, preorder announcements and news announcements. Asked if they could reduce it to a few per week maximum. But it seems to be necessary to maintain turnover...

• Informative/Useful 2

On 06/01/2024 at 09:48, Dutch-Traindriver said:

Every day, 3 to 4 emails, 7 days a week, even if there really is nothing to report. Fortunately, not every company does this spam, so I'll unsubscribe....

Hello,

We do try and limit emails, however there are often multiple things going on and often unexpected announcements happen after we have already sent out an email that day. It is something we hope to continue to improve and aim to keep our customers informed of the industry goings on in the least amount of emails possible. 

Having said that you should not be getting that many emails from us - we have sent 12 emails so far in January, averaging under 2 a day and have not sent more than 2 a day? 

We do give our mailing list members a unique special offer every month and have some releases/offers that are available to our mailing list members first so we think being on it is definitely worthwhile and we are always looking to bring more value to our members which we hope to do in the coming year.  

Kind Regards Chris

Ecommerce

Rails Of Sheffield

• Friendly/supportive 3

Thanks Rails of Sheffield for the response. On Monday evening, January 8, I have already received a total of 14 emails. I really don't think it is extremely important to send every piece of news directly and immediately to the email. This can be done by waiting for the next email, for example if sent in the late afternoon. Then you would only have to send 7 emails per week. I don't know of any other company at home or abroad that sends so many emails than ROZ.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

If emails are an issue just unsubscribe. You don't have to be on their email list to be a customer. I rarely sign up for mailing lists from retailers and manufacturers. I am happy to just look at websites when I want something and accept that I may miss good offers or stuff that sells out before I am aware it is there.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 08/01/2024 at 10:54, cmtrain said:

. Having said that you should not be getting that many emails from us - we have sent 12 emails so far in January, averaging under 2 a day and have not sent more than 2 a day? 

Hi

Well that isn’t the case today. Three emails from Rails 10:09, 12:03 and 20:01.

So yes as has been suggested above I have unsubscribed.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

As annoying (and sometimes stupid) as it is, its perfectly normal that DPD wouldn't deal directly with you. Their contract is with Rails, Rails are the customer. Not you.

Always a bit odd to hear of issues with DPD, they've almost always been my preferred courier.

Edit: This post looks a little out of place now that the post I was replying to has vanished.

Edited by Kaput
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1

Talking of DPD, 

I ordered some wagons from ROS on friday and they were delivered yesterday ( saturday ), then on saturday morning I ordered a coach and a loco and they delivered today - on a sunday. Couldnt bilieve it!!

• RMweb Premium

Order placed on Friday with DPD Mon-Fri delivery arrived safely this morning.

Rails' email marketing can be a little OTT at times - it would be nice if they could implement a system where you could opt out based on scale. As an N Gauge modeller I've little interest in OO Gauge new models & promotions but still receive them.

Steven B

• RMweb Gold

I had a Rails delivery yesterday morning (Sunday) via Royal Mail.  As I "know" Royal Mail don't deliver on Sunday I spent the whole day thinking it was Saturday 😕

Edited by franciswilliamwebb
  • Funny 5

18 minutes ago, franciswilliamwebb said:

I had a Rails delivery yesterday morning (Sunday) via Royal Mail.  As I "know" Royal Mail don't deliver on Sunday I spent the whole day thinking it was Saturday 😕

I've seen a few Royal Mail vans delivering on a Sunday, it always makes me check my internal calendar in case I should be in work haha

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, woodenhead said:

I've seen a few Royal Mail vans delivering on a Sunday, it always makes me check my internal calendar in case I should be in work haha

Hi 

Our post person told me its because they don't like stuff left in the sorting office and the main delivery depot (in my case Sheffield) sends stuff out after the postal workers have gone out delivering on a Saturday.

Cheers

Paul

1 minute ago, PaulCheffus said:

Hi 

Our post person told me its because they don't like stuff left in the sorting office and the main delivery depot (in my case Sheffield) sends stuff out after the postal workers have gone out delivering on a Saturday.

Cheers

Paul

As it's parcels I would have thought it was more to do with competing with the likes of DPD, Evri and such like whereas with letters I think they'd prefer not to do a Saturday delivery

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, CUCKOO LINE said:

Royal Mail do deliver tracked 24 hr delivery and certain special delivery items on Sundays since some time during last year

On Sunday morning in our village I saw a postman on foot delivering letters and at least one if not 2 small vans I assume delivering packets/parcels, I guess these folk are taking advantage of overtime and I am sure the recipients are very pleased

I think the (cheaper) 24 hour Royal Mail delivery services are not guaranteed for Sunday delivery, its a bit like the odd 2nd class letter/parcel some times being delivered the next day

• RMweb Gold

Sold a loco on Ebay last month on the Friday and used RM Tracked 24 with collection. Postie collected on Saturday morning and the buyer had his loco on the Sunday afternoon.  Bit miffed the buyer never left any feedback though ... 

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, RFS said:

Bit miffed the buyer never left any feedback though ... 

Few years ago I had to sell the bulk of my railway model collection. I reckon, at most, about 60% of buyers left feedback. It did get very annoying 😄

Edited by Fair Oak Junction
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Shout out to RoS for their good customer service. Had a few faulty locos to return and they made it very easy or me. I forgot to remove the DCC chips before sending but they replaced the models and they returned complete with DCC chip installed. Also labels show that all tested before shipping replacements. Thanks guys - I’ll be back for more in future!

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
On 17/01/2024 at 12:46, RFS said:

Sold a loco on Ebay last month on the Friday and used RM Tracked 24 with collection. Postie collected on Saturday morning and the buyer had his loco on the Sunday afternoon.  Bit miffed the buyer never left any feedback though ... 

Unfortunately that’s buyers for you.  I tend now to leave feedback only when the buyer leaves theirs.  I also put that in the item description, which usually motivates people as they want to been seen as a good buyer.

Edited by TravisM
Typo

19 minutes ago, TravisM said:

Unfortunately that’s buyers for you.  I tend now to leave feedback only when the buyer leaves theirs.  I also put that in the item description, which usually motivates people as they want to been seen as a good buyer.

I must admit I can sometimes forget to leave feedback and then end up with multiple essays to write.  Doesn't help that eBay messages to remind me get lost in all the other crap they put out which means I don't read the messages.

• Agree 1