Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

Here is one of Mike Edges jackshafts I built for a friend along with an Armstrong Whitworth for the same layout. The latter was built alongside a GWR version for me for once. I was not too keen to take on the jackshaft but I had nothing to be concerned about. It went together without any issues and is free running.

post-9992-0-31731000-1392641642_thumb.jpg

Mike Wiltshire

At last a day off where I can take pictures in daylight. Here is the GWR version. To be honest, I made a mess of the chassis trying to be clever and compensate it. Runs much better in rigid form, though it really needs a new set of frames - one day! I know the number transfers are wrong but I am still awaiting a set of 7mm buffer beam numbers, I was promised a while back that are the right size, hint, hint , if you are reading this.

post-9992-0-46283300-1392660814_thumb.jpg

MW

Edited by Coach bogie
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium

This week I have received from Mike a new JE kit built loco to weather - I did say I would put a picture of the clean loco on here - enquiries should be directed to Mike please..

So here it is - an ex GC D10

post-7650-0-26671500-1393013976_thumb.jpg

The loco will be available separately ( price £30) as will the tender (price TBA).

And just to show how nice it is here it is with a Bachmann D11 (with modified splasher brasses)

post-7650-0-02827600-1393014096_thumb.jpg

The weathered loco will appear here when I have finished it...

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Not exactly news. Mike and Judith have been displaying the completed engine on their exhibition stand for quite a while now. I stumbled across it last year...

News is etches are available and that mike has released this...and he,s finished it....

• RMweb Premium

We have sold a few D10 etches before, this is a revision with a slightly higher price (£30). We also have the tender now on a production etch, this will have mouldings (axleboxes and water filler/pick up dome) as well, price not fixed yet. This kit will build most of the GC tenders, 3250 and 4000 gal. versions, except the last ones with self trimming bunkers.

To show how much kit development has moved in 50+ years here is what you would have to work with to build an LMS jack shaft. The parts all came on single sheets, were not etched through and had to be cut carefully out without distorting the brass!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151237522727?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The Judith Edge kit is so much simpler in comparison

Mike Wiltshire

To show how much kit development has moved in 50+ years here is what you would have to work with to build an LMS jack shaft. The parts all came on single sheets, were not etched through and had to be cut carefully out without distorting the brass!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151237522727?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The Judith Edge kit is so much simpler in comparison

Ah.....Sayer-Chaplin..... The grade of brass was phenomenally hard.

• RMweb Premium

So ...

take one JE D10, a good photo supplied by Mike, some inks, brushes and weathering powders and....

post-7650-0-22226600-1393264613_thumb.jpg

a dirtyish D10.

Great looking kit - so I want one .......

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Just to let everyone know we have soldall the BR 2MT etches for now. At the moment this is filling space on the D10 etch so supply depends on that but if more are needed it will go somewhere else as well.

GC 4000/3250 gallon tender will be £30, not sure about postage as this will have resin moulded axleboxes and water filler/dome.

Nearly ready is the next LOR train, 1895 40ft motor car stock. We have some etches for these but no mouldings or instructions yet, we've not worked out the price either.

post-1643-0-25164700-1393336214_thumb.jpg

post-1643-0-83942700-1393336237_thumb.jpg

post-1643-0-58730100-1393336262_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Just to let everyone know we have soldall the BR 2MT etches for now....

I'm still going to be sending you a cheque for a pair, Mike, and you can hold it until the next batch is ready, whether that's three/six/nine/twelve months or whenever.

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Premium

Just to let everyone know we have soldall the BR 2MT etches for now. At the moment this is filling space on the D10 etch so supply depends on that but if more are needed it will go somewhere else as well.

Horsetan - buy one D10 and you can also buy a set of Std Etches.......

Hello all,

Just a quick shout out for Mike, recently purchased his Kitson kit and received really excellent and friendly service and help, now to build the kit for which he kindly pre-rolled the saddle tank and smoke box/boiler.........

Martin Johnson

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Some new and re-introduced items in stock now:

7mm Barclay 01 kit  -  £100 + £3 postage

4mm

GCR D10 is now a production item - £30 (etches only, no boiler/firebox or fittings)

GCR 4000 gal. tender (also does 3250 gal. version) - £30, this includes mouldings, screws/nuts/wire etc. but not wheels

We have some more sets of etched grilles for AL3 electrics - £6 including postage

We have had some more BR 2MT conversion etches but nearly all sold straight away - two left at present (£12), first come first served as before.

Work started on Sentinel oil fired 0-6-0 at York last weekend and I have the first tets etch for the AEI cross arm pantograph.

• Like 1