Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

Thanks Michael, was looking for the photos looking down from above as I was afraid I was getting confused about where a part went. But seems I wasn't.

Learning a few new skills from this and so far haven't seemed to a messed it up, at least I don't think I have!

Two Questions Mike,

Are you going to do a BR Standard 262 tank conversion kit for the Bachmann loco?

How is the big steam Sentinel kit going?

Best wishes,

Chris.

• RMweb Gold

Can I ask What glue would recommend for your ectes? as I have never really been happy with the ones I've used before. Only asking as I have just posted a order for the ecth of the limousine fowler 2 - 6 - 4t. I couldn't resist any longer.

Many moons ago I did a not dissimilar conversion applying Perserverance etched sides, riveted pattern, to a Hornby Fowler 2-6-4T. I used Evostick contact adhesive and they're still very firmly attached.

Can I ask What glue would recommend for your ectes? as I have never really been happy with the ones I've used before. Only asking as I have just posted a order for the ecth of the limousine fowler 2 - 6 - 4t. I couldn't resist any longer.

Double sided Sellotape? The etches become self adhesive that way.

.... or Spraymount adhesive? Again - the etches become self adhesive.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I did think of soldering the back sides and possibley the cab together and seeing if it would sort of clamp around the Hornby body if you get my meaning. But that depends on lots if that could work. But still would need glueing Some where down the line.

• RMweb Premium

I think I used superglue (the runny sort, not gel) for this job last time I did one. I have used Evostik in the past but I wasn't entirely happy with it. The problem is that you need a thin even layer of adhesive, you don't want the sides to stand out any more than they have to.

You will have to wait a little for your etch, I'm in France at the moment working on Carlisle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

cheers for your answer super glue at the ready

I have just been going through my bits box and was wondering if any work as been done on the fowler 2-6-2t? Also have you any etches for your princess class. and what's the price for them in case of increase, a order will be sent If available.

Edited by farren

Please, please , please gentlemen, do not distract the great man from the really important projects, the big Sentinel and the Brush 0-4-0DE.......

Correction - the sole project to be worked on should be 10100 (The Fell) !!!

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Please, please , please gentlemen, do not distract the great man from the really important projects, the big Sentinel and the Brush 0-4-0DE...

What Arthur said. ;)

Adam

• Like 1

....We will be at Railex weekend after next.

I must get some more photos of the display stand. Every time I see it, there's something tempting and unofficial on it. That D10, for example, which I think you said was now official but hasn't made it onto your online catalogue yet.....

Please, please , please gentlemen, do not distract the great man from the really important projects, the big Sentinel and the Brush 0-4-0DE.......

Correction - the sole project to be worked on should be 10100 (The Fell) !!!.....

Correction, the main project is to get the Ruston DE165 0-6-0, PWM650 from 4mm scale up to 7mm.

It's really an unofficial Stanier "Duchess" etch in 4mm scale that I'd really, really like.......

Edited by Horsetan
  • Like 1