Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

I've done it. It's far from perfect. My excuse is that the Coal Board fitters had the bonnet off and were a rough lot when it came to re-fitting it. I suppose the 88DS will have to be made in the same way so it's practice for building that. Speaking of which... Do you have any ready yet?

JE165-2.jpg

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Well done! Just needed a bit of courage. We'll have some 88s at Manchester this weekend but they aren't done in the same way (although the 165 0-6-0 will be). The 165 0-4-0 was the first kit I designed (back in the last century now) and I went off the idea of a half etched casing top after one more kit. The 88 has a one piece engine casing like subsequent kits, the top bend is a bit harder to make since it's full thickness and annealing does help this time. However the corner bends have half etched lines inside and those bends are much easier to make.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Michael,

Are plans progressing at all for a 7mm 'Janus' shunter (i.e. BSC Scunthorpe variety)?  If so, any idea on timescales?

EDIT: As I forgot to also enquire.....

Hunslet built four of these for Normanby Park steelworks, essentially one half of a Scunthorpe Bo-Bo with a frame derived from the Rotherham 67T 0-6-0DH. Very nice to look at but they didn't work very well and didn't survive the closure of Normaby Park.

this test etch is dated 2007, it's taken a long time but is finally finished and should be in production this year.

On the 7mm front, the chain drive 4wh Sentinel is finished and new patterns made so this should be available about April.

Are the Normanby Park Hunslet 0-6-0 diesels available yet?

Rich

Edited by MarshLane

• RMweb Gold

7mm Janus is likely but not started yet, the Normanby Park Hunslet 75T 0-6-0DE is available (in 4mm scale) at £48 + £3.50 postage.

attachicon.gifDSCF3794.JPG

Ah thanks for the update Michael - sorry I may have mis-read your original post, I thought a 7mm version was being made available during 2016?  Is there a 7mm on the cards?

May have to look at going for an 0-6-0 Sentinel in the short-term if not!

Rich

• RMweb Premium

Next 7mm kits will be RH 48DS and 165 0-6-0, 7mm test etches still waiting to be built include Hunslet 05, EE/HL 0-6-0DE, Harton No2, Hunslet 50T 0-6-0DH and TH Steelman 6wh. We are also planning to release the 7mm version of 11001 with overlays for the Boxpok wheels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well I live in New Zealand so any of the below, as we're lacking in all

De class

Tr class

Dsa class

I don't know what scale/gauge you have in mind for NZ, I've done work in all sorts of scales but the one that is almost exactly accurate seems unknown there. This is what in what in Europe is referred to as HOm, in fact it scales at almost exactly 3'6". We have done the Dsc and Hitachi Tr in this scale (1:87) and we have two of the Hitachis still in stock. I do most of the design work for Glenorchy Models, these started in 9mm scale (O gauge track), recently he's moved to 1:48 scale (S gauge track). Dsa is next but one in the list for Greg.

In answer to others, space for small items can often be found on test etches but it all takes time to do and there's still only one of me to do it.

I don't know what scale/gauge you have in mind for NZ, I've done work in all sorts of scales but the one that is almost exactly accurate seems unknown there. This is what in what in Europe is referred to as HOm, in fact it scales at almost exactly 3'6". We have done the Dsc and Hitachi Tr in this scale (1:87) and we have two of the Hitachis still in stock. I do most of the design work for Glenorchy Models, these started in 9mm scale (O gauge track), recently he's moved to 1:48 scale (S gauge track). Dsa is next but one in the list for Greg.

In answer to others, space for small items can often be found on test etches but it all takes time to do and there's still only one of me to do it.

Ahh yes, thank you for the information! I'd of been looking for them in 1:64 scale (Sn3.5 scale). The bagnall DSA, DSB or TR could be an interesting development! How would I go about commissioning a kit for a De with yourself? Edited by Wigan Wallgate OO Gauge

• RMweb Premium

there's still only one of me to do it.

Maybe talk to Modelu?  :jester:

I'd certainly second a K4.....but why stop at the valances?

I stopped at valances because building LNER locos is plain sailing after that, and because I hoped if I asked for a modest amount I might get it! 

Re the V4, it looks like that's at least 3 of us that want one, and that nice Mr Edge told me at Scaleforum that if I could find 5 people he would might revisit the etches that he already has for this loco and tweak them. Actually, put me down for two; that makes four; now we only need one more! 

.... now we only need one more! 

I think I might have a go at this, since the A1SLT aim to build an all-new full-size V4. So that's the number five you were waiting for.

Wonder what the eventual etch price will be?

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Premium

I think I might have a go at this, since the A1SLT aim to build an all-new full-size V4. So that's the number five you were waiting for.

Wonder what the eventual etch price will be?

No, I think I miscounted between K4s and V4s. But don't tell Mr Edge. Let's say it's 5 for a V4. 

Edited by Daddyman

• RMweb Premium

Ahh yes, thank you for the information! I'd of been looking for them in 1:64 scale (Sn3.5 scale). The bagnall DSA, DSB or TR could be an interesting development! How would I go about commissioning a kit for a De with yourself?

Nothing in 1:64 scale, I'll have a look at the De, I've got plenty of information on that one.