Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

• RMweb Gold

Almost all our kits start off in 4mm scale, other scales later. We are gradually extending the range of 7mm kits as and when I can find time to build them. We have just got some more 7mm Hunslet 15" 0-6-0STs in stock.

Thanks for the quick response. If expressions of interest are wanted for the 7mm Scunthorpe Hunslet Bo-Bo (caught the auto-correct this time!') then I'm definitely interested! Also for the Normanby Park 'Half' version as well.

Cheers

Rich

Edited by MarshLane

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Test etch 88DS should be finished in July, I've also got a 48DS test etch - and (in no particular order) Harton No2, PWM 650, Hunslet 05, EE/HL 0-6-0, Steelman 6wh, AB 649 0-6-0DH, HE 16" 0-6-0ST. There's a long list of 4mm test etches to build as well, just a matter of finding enough time......

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The more people ask, the longer it may take! :jester:

Bodes well for potential kit sales, though.

I know there has been surprise in some quarters at the enthusiasm with which an accurate and comprehensive range of components for GT3 has been greeted.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Little voice at the back;

Sir! Sir! Dorman Long Sentinel! Brush 0-4-0DE!

Brush 200hp will be the next BR loco kit (D2999), probably early next year. The Sentinel will have to wait for a second test etch. Next new kit will be the Consett A class 0-6-0PT in September.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

V4 etches all gone, I don't want to repeat that one because there were major errors in it which had to be corrected with a supplementary etch. If there is enough interest I could do some more of a revised version - I think that's two so far but I'll need more than that to make it worthwhile.

Fowler 3P is waiting until I've built one then there will be a revised production etch.

V4 etches all gone, I don't want to repeat that one because there were major errors in it which had to be corrected with a supplementary etch. If there is enough interest I could do some more of a revised version - I think that's two so far but I'll need more than that to make it worthwhile.

Errors or not, it still looked very attractive.

BTW, the GCR tender which goes with the D10 - would that be suitable for the D49 as well?

....The GC tender is standard for all except the self trimming variety which ran behind the D11s and B3s and yes the standard 4000 gal. version was used with some D49s

Thanks for that. I have a kit (PDK) to build the preserved "Morayshire", so I'll keep this in mind in case the supplied tender doesn't come up to scratch.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Back to kit development now after a few weeks working on Carlisle, first up was finishing the 7mm RH 88DS test etch.

post-1643-0-13240900-1469259351_thumb.jpg

This one built with the later style windows, rounded corners/rubber seals, the earlier square cornered ones will be included. No frame or buffer beam weights added, I've done moulding patterns for these but many 88s didn't have them anyway. Still to do the donkey engine cover for the third last door on this side and radiator/fuel filler caps. The radiator mesh didn't etch out properly so this has one out of the scrap box for now.

post-1643-0-73644800-1469259588_thumb.jpg

View from rear shows controls on the cab front.

post-1643-0-99970300-1469259640_thumb.jpg

The lack of side weights make it easy to fit the lifting brackets in the frame corners.

post-1643-0-45275600-1469262084_thumb.jpg

View from underneath shows drive sprockets on each side, these will be driven from a central shaft in the production version as in our recent Sentinel. Wheels are Slater's 7122D which are on 1/8th axles, plenty of room for a gearbox on the leading axle or on the central final drive shaft when fitted. The leading axle is fixed, the trailing one runs in swinging arms and allowed to rock under a knife edge. Usual construction method, 2 x 8BA screws hold the inner frames into the footplate, 8 x 10BA screws hold the cab/casing base to the footplate, cab roof is soldered on with access from below, cab floor on footplate.

Next job, finishing the 4mm Brush 200hp 0-4-0 which I started on at York this year.

• Like 9