RMweb

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Ozexpatriate said:

Which may nor not be accurate, but surely "it's time to get organised" and "you'll always" are grammatically correct?

"Its" is the correct form for the possessive but not for it is time.

Bottom of the poster More than 93% of Australian's....

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stewartingram said:

I'll correct that for you:

The greengrocers apostrophe's

My teacher wouldn't do that.   She would put a kiss.  X.     I think she loved me.   I used to get loads of kisses in my workbook    :rolleyes:

Edited by NorthBrit
  • Funny 17

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 14/05/2021 at 13:17, stewartingram said:

I'll correct that for you:

The greengrocers apostrophe's

I'll correct that for you

The greengrocer's apostrophe.

One greengrocer, one apostrophe.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

5 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

Sign seen in a Watlington shop window today, while queueing to get through the narrow junction there:

PLEASE KEEP 2 METERS FROM OTHER CUSTOMERS

I've been struggling with this all afternoon. 

Just pop in and ask to buy them so you can ensure that other customers don't get them...

It couldn't do any harm, could it?

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Hroth said:

Just pop in and ask to buy them so you can ensure that other customers don't get them...

It couldn't do any harm, could it?

I see. I was imaging being offered a selection of meters by the other customers. of which I would be obliged to keep two.

Two meters, that is, not two customers.

You can see how confused I am.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

5 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

I see. I was imaging being offered a selection of meters by the other customers. of which I would be obliged to keep two.

Two meters, that is, not two customers.

You can see how confused I am.

Hi Stephen,

Surely you can't buy customers for otherwise they would be perhaps be products or services, or am I now equally confused ?!?!

Gibbo.

Edited by Gibbo675
Improper grammar.
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Surely you can't buy customers for otherwise they would be perhaps be products or services, or am I now equally confused ?!?!

I don't think I would be buying the customers - there's legislation against that, going back to 1807 and 1833 - just taking them home with me. My willingness to do so would depend, obviously, on the quality of the customers on offer.

Edited by Compound2632
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Funny 4

15 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

I don't think I would be buying the customers - there's legislation against that, going back to 1807 and 1833 - just taking them home with me. My willingness to do so would depend, obviously, on the quality of the customers on offer.

If you don't want them, you could always leave them outside in the space reserved for Customer Parking...

steve

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, JZ said:

plastic-nesca-chille-latt-introduc-paper-stransi-help-neste-eliminate-plastic-s-s-hoosepaperstraw.jpg.4edc2d9cc3b8d74ea67ce88ac84e5724.jpg

But you have to admit, it is less plastic than a similarly mounted plastic straw!

Not sure exactly what the best way is to provide a drinking straw, in such a way that it can neither get contaminated with handling, or get separated.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, kevinlms said:

But you have to admit, it is less plastic than a similarly mounted plastic straw!

Not sure exactly what the best way is to provide a drinking straw, in such a way that it can neither get contaminated with handling, or get separated.

I agree with you. I think they're between a rock and a hard place on this for the time being.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, martin_wynne said:

But surely keeping 2 meters apart is government advice?

two-meters-apart..jpg

At least the 2 meters are straight and even the bottom edges line up, well virtually.

One time I had to mount a plate on a wall for a customer. I looked at it and asked how he wanted it mounted, given there was two there already.

In the centre he said, but, but how do want it mounted I asked again. The reason was that of the existing pair, one leaned to the left the other to the right. So I mounted mine square in the centre.

In theory, I could have correctly aligned all 3 and indeed would have if it was my place, but it wasn't and I'm not legally allowed to touch those other plates, even though the same size as mine!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1