The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

5 hours ago, Ian Morgan said:

A computer system I looked after for a while had a simple error message for any user data entry fault, "Totally Wrong Action Taken". The users were all army guys and I am not sure they ever spotted it.

I always liked the Weston, Cleveland and Portishead Railway initials, WC & P.

In a previous life, I worked at Heathrow Airport. Anyone who has ever travelled through Heathrow will know that the roads in and around it get horribly congested at times, which as well as causing inconvenience to the travelling public, can impede emergency services responding to an incident (in case there are any nervous flyers reading this, don't panic, there is a dedicated Fire Station on the airfield that isn't affected by congestion on public roads!). About 30 years ago, give or take, a proposal was put forward to improve medical emergency response times by having paramedics equipped with bicycles permanently stationed in the airport. It was argued that they could respond rapidly to incidents either on the airfield or within the passenger terminals. Now it happened that at that time there were some people within the Health and Safety Department who had particularly warped and wicked senses of humour. One of them took it upon himself to put forward a very detailed response that argued quite convincingly that to comply with various regulations, the unfortunate rider of said bicycle would have to have large blue and yellow flashing warning lights affixed to the top of his/her cycling helmet! It was argued that this would immediately identify the rider as a "Two-Wheeled Ambulance Technician" to other vehicles and aircraft. Amazingly, this response was taken seriously and it was the subject of debate for a couple of weeks before someone realised that the Safety Team had been taking the p*ss!

Who said Health and Safety have no sense of humour?

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 16

35 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

£75 for a rack of lamb???? I think that a tr[p to the local grocery store would be a lot less expensive!

I thought that at first, then thought about what the Range Warden might be offering...   the complete Rack....?   that's 2 dozen chops, so not quite such a bad price at that, particularly recently, in the UK.

All of little relevance, since the picture is a photoshop, albeit a funny one.

Edited by jcredfer
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Premium
14 hours ago, jbqfc said:

lamb.jpg

I have shot on a range where the top sign was in evidence,

This was the same military base where some years before my parents and the neighbour won half a sheep each in a raffle...

There were no extra holes in our half...

• Like 3
  • Funny 7

4 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

Did they win the front half, or the back half? 🤔🤣😉

3 hours ago, TheQ said:

A side half.

My question was tongue in cheek 😉 my first Saturday job was at a butcher's, so I've known for a long, long time that animals are halved nose to tail, but the alternative 'option' has always tickled me. Just my silly sense of humour.... 🙄🤦‍♂️😁

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 3