The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

Every spring, we get these signs put up in our neighbourhood. It's useful to know there are bears about, but do they really need to tell us the proper form of address for roaming bears?

post-1771-0-08944100-1322344549.jpg

• Like 1

Going back to the theme of the OP - "Sometimes we come across signs that are stating the obvious" - here's a picture of the floor of an elevator on a cruise ship:

post-1771-0-65239000-1322521176.jpg

You can get pretty separated from reality (in all sorts of ways :rolleyes: ) on these ships, and the company obviously feels an obligation to try and keep you in touch. They are changed, manually, at midnight every night.

I seem to remember a good few years back that I saw a sign on a lampost saying "This way to the beach" in the middle of town, it was very strange seeing the sign, which was located in Chesterfield town centre, which is some distance inland from the beach!!!

I seem to remember a good few years back that I saw a sign on a lampost saying "This way to the beach" in the middle of town, it was very strange seeing the sign, which was located in Chesterfield town centre, which is some distance inland from the beach!!!

That'll be the influence of the Lancashire Derbyshire And East Coast Railway, which failed to reach two out of the three locations in its name, though it did make it to Chesterfield.

:scratchhead: