The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

Nice sign, but if it's real, why is there only ever the one photo of it on the entire internet. And why isn't there a "family planning" unit on the Northants General Hospital website or map.

Also, why isn't the F parallel to the side of the sign.

post-7286-0-21655600-1327413363.jpg

post-7286-0-84957000-1327412122.jpg

No, I haven't manipulated the image; this is a billboard as seen nightly beside a bend of Meadowhall Road, Sheffield, nicely placed to catch and distract the attention of passing motorists.

I presume that the billposter reversed the ad simply to blank out the board, overlooking the fact that it's a self-illuminated one...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CLARENCE

Graffiti seen many many years ago in a pub toilet, where the equipment was made by Armitage Shanks ;

"Who's Armitage? and what's Shanking?"

• RMweb Gold

This thread revived with the following:-

Signwriters following instructions! (Link posted because picture would fall foul of Copyright rules!)

http://www.huffingto..._n_1256624.html

With a choice of Arbic?Arabic

According to Google Translate, this is what he should have written:

وقود الديزل

ممنوع التدخين

According to Google Translate, this is what he should have written:

وقود الديزل

ممنوع التدخين

According to google translate in the other direction, there's a surplus "Ùˆ" = "wa" = "and" at the start of the first one, making it read "and diesel fuel".

You can't always trust machine translation!

That one's nearly as bad as the Welsh sign that said "I'll be out of the office for the next two weeks" instead of "HGV parking here" or something like that.

....Car parked behind me had registration number P15 LAV :rofl: I don't think I 'd want that as a private plate....

No, but Pimlico Plumbers make a point of having toilet, bath or other plumbing-related registrations on their service vans. They already own a vast number of them! :O

Meanwhile, "trebor" recently spotted this estate agent's sign whilst out on his travels. Some estate agents are just shameless.

post-6879-0-66813600-1329088039.jpg