Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

• 2 weeks later...

A personal favourite is what must surely be one of the most redundant signs in history, to be found at West Yorkshire Wildlife Park.

It simply says: "Lions are dangerous."

Reminds me of a statment from a farm safety officer "you do realise bulls are dangerous dont you?"

Laurence

• RMweb Premium

post-6765-0-12637800-1334694274.jpg

That would be the Falklands, the mines were laid by the Argentinians. Where as an adult human would set a mine off the penguins are too small to explode the mines. In fact they have prospered due to the lack of human interference.
  • Like 1

Not a notice, but still amusing. A couple of years ago during a somewhat depressing program about clearing mines in an African country after a civil war a South African bomb disposal engineer was interviewed. The amusing part was his t-shirt which read "I'm a bomb disposal technician - If you see me running try to keep up!

Jeremy

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

A rather amusing pump clip at a local Wetherspoons hostelry the other day (post April 15th) had "Titanic - 1912" appended with "coming soon"

Followed a few days later with "Titanic - Iceberg"

Keith

Edited by melmerby

I don't know if any one has mentioned this but if you like signs and all that sort of thing, I can recommend a couple of good books by the publishers 'Lonely Planet' the first is called "Sign Spotting" the other is called "More Sign Spotting".

I think though I have spotted several signs in this topic that appear in the books, but there is a brilliant one (in the 2nd book I think) that could almost be from a "Far Side" cartoon...

Any can't seem to see a link for it anywhere, however look it up on Amazon, I love them, great to read, some really sarcastic comments given too! :D :)

• RMweb Gold

One for the Welsh amoungst you.

A few years back I was visiting a friend at Bangor University. We were in one of the uni bars and I had to make use of the facilities.

One of the cubicles was out of order and underneath the official do not use sign some one had witten 'Dim Dumpio'.

• Like 5

Seven pages in and we haven't had a "lost" luggage trolley next to a station sign it where it doesn't belong? Time to put that right:

post-6971-0-52785900-1335297567.jpg

Here, I'd have thought the gravel was the only thing safe to touch:

post-6971-0-00230500-1335297866.jpg

And "impact" might be a good word to avoid when talking about slippery conditions:

post-6971-0-34773300-1335297901.jpg

Edited by eastwestdivide
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Like many similar establishments our local bookshops are pushing Titanic publications. One has a sign saying 'Titanic, the best of British'. :scratchhead:

In Belfast, they've had souvenir T-shirts on offer for ages. On the front, the T-shirt reads:

"TITANIC. Built in Belfast."

On the back, it says:

"She was alright when she left here...."

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Is that from the same 'think tank' as

"Ears pierced while you wait"!

Jeff

Rather on the lines of:

Interviewer: "How long does it take to do your hair?"

Dolly Parton: " I don't know. I'm never there!"

Keith

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Gold

The Harwich for the Continent sign was on Liverpool St Station early 70s and was an official sign. Students added the Frinton part underneath in whitewash!

Back in the early seventies the college I went to, during the Rag Week went to UCL and wrote "IC Rules" on the wall. UCL demanded that it was washed off so the students duly went back and washed it off. However, this was in the days when all London buildings were still filthy from smoke so now the dirty walll had a clean bit that read "IC Rules".