Bacup - Mills in the hills

Jason T

Congratulations Jason.

Hope you both have a ovely honeymoon, and find a mutually acceptable place for railways is your house and lives.

(Sorry for picking up on this so late, house move and work abroad have left me out of touch).

Jamie

• RMweb Premium

Good to see no response from Jason. A sound and astute move not to be surfing RMweb on your wedding day.

The big question is whether or not Jason will have his baseball cap at Expo EM North or will it have been confiscated / humanly put down?

• RMweb Premium

Good to see no response from Jason. A sound and astute move not to be surfing RMweb on your wedding day.

The big question is whether or not Jason will have his baseball cap at Expo EM North or will it have been confiscated / humanly put down?

I think the cap is safe. Fred Dibnah's cap was on his coffin.

Jason

Congrats mate, looks like we should have had a separate wedding thread. Good luck and good fortunes to you both.

Andy

• RMweb Premium

I think the cap is safe. Fred Dibnah's cap was on his coffin.

I'm not sure if Fred is a good hat role model - although he kept his trademark cap, didn't he get divorced once or twice? Mind you, it may have been more than the hat causing issues - perhaps the full steam-driven workshop in the garden and bits of oily metal in the kitchen sink. Good lessons for Jason...

I'm not sure if Fred is a good hat role model - although he kept his trademark cap, didn't he get divorced once or twice? Mind you, it may have been more than the hat causing issues - perhaps the full steam-driven workshop in the garden and bits of oily metal in the kitchen sink. Good lessons for Jason...

I went around to a chaps house once and he had a length of track and some old Hornby wagons on the Mantlepiece over the Fire and another length along the back of the settee, (no stock on that though) and bit on the Lounge floor.

There's hope for us all yet. hahahha

Bodge.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks; will definitely be at Expo EM.

Holiday to Spain was planned prior to me proposing; at least I will have a tan / sunburn for the wedding :D

Congratulations Jason & Sofia.

Hope you had a brilliant day

Look out for us at Expo.

Well its all over now so will Bacup make way for a Nursery?hhahahahha

Bodge.

That'll be the The Merioneth and Llantisilly Room.

Poli (Welsh spelling  :mosking:  )

• Like 1

I once had a full size motorbike in bits in my lounge.....which was a shock...because Kal did it whilst I was a t work.....and once I got home it was in bits...so pretty much a done deal!!!!!!

At least he put down some plastic sheet and a tarp...so the carpet was ok.

It was winter...and not there for long....although a few bits went into a bedroom before they left the house :O

SWMBO.....?????? I wish.. :jester:

edit= 00 gauge modelling bits in the lounge???? Ooops more likely to be me.....at least I am only on the coffee table, my computer table.....eerrr his coffee table.....cough....yeah best not go there. The only room they have not ended up in is the kitchen....which considering there is a dining table in there....ah no.....correction I made some trees in there too.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

I think I once heard Fred's ex first wife citing 'endless horse brasses needing polishing'. So as long as Jason hasn't got a house full of them then he should be OK :jester:

I once had a full size motorbike in bits in my lounge.....which was a shock...because Kal did it whilst I was a t work.....and once I got home it was in bits...so pretty much a done deal!!!!!!

At least he put down some plastic sheet and a tarp...so the carpet was ok.

It was winter...and not there for long....although a few bits went into a bedroom before they left the house :O

SWMBO.....?????? I wish.. :jester:

edit= 00 gauge modelling bits in the lounge???? Ooops more likely to be me.....at least I am only on the coffee table, my computer table.....eerrr his coffee table.....cough....yeah best not go there. The only room they have not ended up in is the kitchen....which considering there is a dining table in there....ah no.....correction I made some trees in there too.

So the Bathrooms have a problem as well. :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:

Bodge

• RMweb Premium

Love me love my cap...

Andy

• RMweb Premium

Well folks, I am now a happily married man and the Thomas family has it's first Spanish member. Thanks for all the well wishes; I didn't check on here on my wedding day (because I am not a sad Git :)) but did get chance to have a quick look in on Saturday. Once I have looked through the 600 photos from the day, I will pop a couple up.

I nearly did take my famous cap along to wind Sofia up (she shares the same views on it as yourselves) but thought the better of it.

• Like 15

Eyup Mate

I'm glad all went well on the big day & congrats from Ruth & I, & the boys.

Will we see you down the club tonight? I'll bring the woodwork down in the car for you to have a look at & see what you think so far.

Chris

Some quick shots from the big day:

This was taken in the 30 minute period that it stopped raining

Wedding150_zps52cf18ac.jpg

This is a pose I like to call 'Lollypop', based on the front cover of a Spanish nudey mag I saw a few years ago in Malaga

Wedding169_zpsfecc7e5f.jpg

I had consumed a fair amount of alcohol by this point

Wedding286_zps51537d6b.jpg

Smoking outside whilst everyone else faffs about with taking photos - it had been ages since I'd had a gasper

Wedding109_zpsb6142eca.jpg

Well I agree with Bodge she looks lovely...far toooooo good for you, and she clearly has a good sense of humour......which probably explains her agreeing to marry you :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

I have only one question.....why didn't you include her blind dog in the pictures..... :jester:  :jester:  :jester: .....

Seriously....a sense of humour will go far....she looks lovely, and you do make a lovely couple. Now if you can just get her into operating the layout...she'll be nigh on purrfect. :sungum: