DRS Orders Vossloh UKlights

Further rumour is that 90020 will be heading 68002...............

http://andrewstransport.smugmug.com/Northwesttrains/North-West-Trains-2014/35756943_GKDgnm#!i=3054793284&k=3bCdZqP

Seems like DRS are quicker at sorting paperwork for new locos than a certain other orange/yellow coloured freight company.............  :O

Cheers,

Mick

They certainly seem to be as 68002 was registered on TOPS yesterday morning and has now been seen out and about today with 11 Mk2s in tow and the 90 on the rear.

https://twitter.com/wnxxuk/status/430682868331708416/photo/1

• RMweb Premium

They certainly seem to be as 68002 was registered on TOPS yesterday morning and has now been seen out and about today with 11 Mk2s in tow and the 90 on the rear.

https://twitter.com/wnxxuk/status/430682868331708416/photo/1

My mate got this grab shot as it passed his work at Preston - photo used with permission.

post-408-0-66784000-1391536318.png

Cheers,

Mick

Hi,

I went out 1/2 an hour ago to see the 16:53 5Z70 Crewe Gresty Green Up Loop-Carlisle ECS running 31 late with 68002 hauling it....but it wasn't.... 47501 'Craftsman' was with 'Intrepid' on the rear! :nono: ...gutted or what!

Anyway...here's the best still I could get;

post-21664-0-22520000-1391623096_thumb.jpg

DRS 47501 'Craftsman'/11MK2's/68002 'Intrepid' - 5Z70 stock move.

Hope you like,

Jack.

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

I went out 1/2 an hour ago to see the 16:53 5Z70 Crewe Gresty Green Up Loop-Carlisle ECS running 31 late with 68002 hauling it....but it wasn't.... 47501 'Craftsman' was with 'Intrepid' on the rear! :nono: ...gutted or what!

Anyway...here's the best still I could get;

attachicon.gifDRS 68 still.jpg

DRS 47501 'Craftsman'/11MK2's/68002 'Intrepid' - 5Z70 stock move.

Hope you like,

Jack.

Hi Jack,

68002 is only doing instrumented tests as a dead loco at the moment. I believe they are checking the riding at speed.

I travelled home from Glasgow today and passed it in the loop at Oxenholme, where it promptly set off behind us.

A quick dash between platforms at Preston and I didn't do too much better......

post-408-0-84057700-1391624761_thumb.jpg

However - plenty of better photos now appearing on flickr

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I understand 68004 docked at Southampton in wrapping paper on Friday evening. 

Looks like something else turned up at Southampton that wasn't 68004!

However, I can exclusively reveal pictures of 68004 in the UK!

Cheers,

Mick

Looks like something else turned up at Southampton that wasn't 68004!

However, I can exclusively reveal pictures of 68004 in the UK!

Cheers,

Mick

Indeed, looks like I was a little premature on that one! Saw the caveat on WNXX this morning that the alarm was false, haven't had a chance to log in and correct myself on here until now!

Ps, the best kind of 68!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

68002 on Crewe DRS today I am told...............is it still on test runs , driver training etc.,.?

It's been there most of this last week, A couple of forums are reporting that there is a mechanical/teething issue - possibly something to do with the springing after it did it's faster runs last month.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

It's been there most of this last week, A couple of forums are reporting that there is a mechanical/teething issue - possibly something to do with the springing after it did it's faster runs last month.

Cheers,

Mick

Latest reports are that 68002 is at Crewe for fitter training. The official press launch of the 68 was yesterday at Crewe. Initial info suggests that 68003/004 are in the final stages of livery application and will be on their way to the UK soon.

Cheers,

Mick

Hi,

The Railway Magazine put up on its Facebook page that they have been allowed to crawl around the loco and a full article on it will appear in the April Issue, out on the first Wednesday of April.

They also said that it was booked for a pathfinders rail tour on July 19th, but didn't say which one though!

Simon

Hi,

The Railway Magazine put up on its Facebook page that they have been allowed to crawl around the loco and a full article on it will appear in the April Issue, out on the first Wednesday of April.

They also said that it was booked for a pathfinders rail tour on July 19th, but didn't say which one though!

Simon

The Pathfinders website isn't showing any tours for 19th July...

Seen on DRS Website today:

Crewe Gresty Lane July 19th

Bring the family along to our annual Charity Open Day this year for a fun day out. For all rail enthusiasts out there, we'll have our brand new Class 68 locomotive on display. Tickets will be on sale shortly.

John

• RMweb Premium

Seen on DRS Website today:

Crewe Gresty Lane July 19th

Bring the family along to our annual Charity Open Day this year for a fun day out. For all rail enthusiasts out there, we'll have our brand new Class 68 locomotive on display. Tickets will be on sale shortly.

John

There's only one thing worse than exhibitions for rucksack action and that's a depot open day..........

:senile:

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets for DRS Open Day on July 19th at Gresty Bridge now on sale at DRS Website, Web Shop.  No mention of restrictions on poor hygiene or rucksack action, so expect the worst and you will not be disappointed.  A railtour, The Caterpillar Cat hauled by a Class 68 from Eastleigh to Crewe,  in conjunction with this event is confirmed In Railway Magazine and Railway Herald. Thanks to "St Simon" for early notification of this railtour on March 12th in  posting no. 367.

John

Archived