Banbury in N scale - A great time at the Abingdon in March 2024

roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Gary.

It's now finding some one who has time to do them as tried the usual sources. I may just print them myself for now.

One of the last trains of the show that we decided to run at the show over the weekend was a railtour with 73202 at the head. Quite fitting as it was the same day the Farewell to 442s railtour on Southern for which this loco was kept to move in emergencies.
post-1557-0-20133100-1489390390_thumb.jpg

We had a good weekend at the Nailsea show thanks to Gordon D, Big P and Mike plus my other half helping. We ran our last train just as the show closed and driving away from the venue 25 minutes later.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

This weekend we are at the Cheltenham exhibition. A small but good show run for charity.

We have a smaller crew than usual but being a small show we don't have as much stock out.

Plenty of interest from visitors though.

post-1557-0-79258700-1491130716_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-71750200-1491130738_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-74848200-1491130751_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

The first day of the Liverpool show is now into the last hour. The layout has been working well apart from the usual operator errors.

We had a fair few beers last night hence seeing double 73202!!

post-1557-0-88828300-1492873500_thumb.jpg

Still need to source the nameplates for these locos.

• Like 9

• RMweb Gold

The layout performed well again today. We had the layout loaded into the car and away less than thirty minutes after er running the last train as the show closed. Now just go w past the real Banbury.

Here is an aerial view taken at the show from the balcony

post-1557-0-11533000-1492974101_thumb.jpg

No more shows now till the Autumn so hopefully will get chance to do some work on the layout.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Yes thats the sofa we have when Phatbob is helping as its his and he has room in his car. Normally shows more Northern to our South East area.

We only set it up if there is sufficient room as we dont ask for enough space for it but I did make use of it on Sunday.

Also an update - looks like I have a some one doing the nameplates for the Southern 73's. Will report once they arrive.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Finally managed to get the nameplates for 73202 which was named after our late friend GRAHAM STENNING.
By chance I had an email this week from Precision Decals about the release of FGW decals so I asked if he could do these for us. A couple of days later and they have arrived.

Really pleased with them. They need to dry then they will get a coat of varnish to seal them. Not the best photo but I will try a in better light over the weekend

post-1557-0-71151900-1493233923_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Only soft drinks this time unfortunately as it was a school which often don't like alcohol on the premises and we were on th beer after droppingthe car back to the hotel on the Friday night and Saturday night.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

As it's been nearly four months since my last post on here, a little bit of an update.

The layout has been boxed up since the Liverpool show so nothing new to report on the layout but it will be out this September at the Woking RES show plus a couple more this year so hopefully there will be time to do some work to the layout.

Next year we also have a few shows although not as many as in previous years as the layout is now six years old but no intentions of retiring it yet.

We have a few large shows booked for the next couple of years.

Watch out for more updates soon.

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Yesterday we made a quick visit to Banbury.

As a freight was due heading South and despite realtimetrians showing it using the up goods line rather than the up main I wasnt so sure it would so the best place for either option was form the road bridge.

Good job I did as it came through fast on the up main. Its also my first shot form the bridge since the North Box was demolished. Only the floor slab remaining of both the box and out buildings can now be seen and no doubt will disappear in undergrowth in the near future.

post-1557-0-99848000-1503216709_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-81557900-1503216754_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Banbury is out this weekend at the Woking RES show.

This is the second show where We will also be attending along with the Epsom and Ewell clubs excellent Hinksey Yard,which is South of Banbury situated on the Southern outskirts of Oxford.

Looking forward to this two day show.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Really enjoyed the layout at Woking. Came away with some ideas of building something in 'N'. With inspiration from Banbury and Hinksey Yard I guess I'd better start saving.......

Thanks for your kind comments.

Our next show is the Croydon Model Railway Society's show at Warlingham Secondary School in October.

• 4 weeks later...