Banbury in N scale - A great time at the Abingdon in March 2024

roundhouse

This is a great layout. Reasons why I rate it:-

1. Based on a real place.

2. Plenty of movement.

3. Good of variety of trains.

4. The trains in use are plausible. Maybe not 100% accurate to what has been through Banbury in the last ten years or so but certainly within the bounds of possibility. It's a shame that so many other layouts don't do this.

I also liked Santa Barbara which again was a very recognisable model of the real thing.

Hi Ian

This layout always brings back really fond memories for me.

The pictures of the signal boxes ( both of which I've been in ) and the thought of sitting in my blue Mini Cooper parked up on the up bay platform ( I was allowed) with my Ian Allens and notebook.

As I probably mentioned at the Barnstaple show, you really have captured the station superbly, thank you.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Ian

This layout always brings back really fond memories for me.

The pictures of the signal boxes ( both of which I've been in ) and the thought of sitting in my blue Mini Cooper parked up on the up bay platform ( I was allowed) with my Ian Allens and notebook.

As I probably mentioned at the Barnstaple show, you really have captured the station superbly, thank you.

Thanks. Just been conversing with an ex Loco man who worked out of Banbury shed. It's great hearing various experiences of people who worked at or lived around the station.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Another great day at the Wakefield show.

Now on our journey home so will be quite late by the time we get back and unload.

Plenty of people to chat with and a few possible show invites probably for 2018 and beyond. Coincidentally an email landed this weekend for an invite for a show much closer to home in 2017.

However a show that thought we were doing, it doesn't look like we are according to their website so need to confirm that before mentioning which one it is.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Well, no new modelling here for some time and the first few shows that we thought we had haven't materialised for various reasons.

However still quite a few for this year but will hold off mentioning them till they are definitely confirmed. A fair few long distance ones likely.

Meanwhile plenty of alternative entertainment to keep us occupied.

Edited by roundhouse

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

First show of the year isn't what we thought we had as had two that didn't / not happening.

However I weekend we head West to Nailsea for our first show of the year. A few new locos such as the Gaugemaster special edition Southern livery class 73. This means a lot to a few of us as it's now named after one of our long time friends and operators who spent many an hour operating the layout until his departure from our world in 2015. The N scale loco doesn't yet have the nameplates on it but we are working on that. As far as we are aware this loco hasn't worked through Banbury but there's always a first time.

We also have an excellent crew helping. Should be a good weekend. Come say hello if you are visiting.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

We are all set up at the Nailsea show.

It's th e first chance to run the new Dapol / Gaugemaster Southern class 73. We just need to obtain nameplates for our late friend who used to help with the layout to name and his loco Graham Stenning

post-1557-0-80119400-1489226851_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 8