2012 / 13/14.....Dukedog?

M.I.B

I suspect Tre Pol and Pen may have been based west of the Tamar with a name like that! Can anyone confirm/disprove?

On completeion in February 1930 Tre Pol & Pen was allocated to Didcot for use on Southampton trains.but only for a short time. In July 1930 3265 moved to Oswestry where she stayed until withdrawal in December 1949 as 9065, lasting over a year longer than three of the 1936 build Earls.

Mike Wiltshire

• RMweb Premium

On completeion in February 1930 Tre Pol & Pen was allocated to Didcot for use on Southampton trains.but only for a short time. In July 1930 3265 moved to Oswestry where she stayed until withdrawal in December 1949 as 9065, lasting over a year longer than three of the 1936 build Earls.

Mike Wiltshire

Do you think we could stretch the years about Mike and pretend that Tre Pol and pen went to Oswestry in the late 30's? - I can see it thundering through Wharncliffe Junc in 1936 :-)

Do you think we could stretch the years about Mike and pretend that Tre Pol and pen went to Oswestry in the late 30's? - I can see it thundering through Wharncliffe Junc in 1936 :-)

Running in turn from Swindon!

MIke Wiltshire

Edited by Coach bogie
  • Like 1

Quite fancy a Dukedog in GWR green, but the only version is DCC. Anyone know if the model would be supplied with a blanking plug for those that don't want the chip?

Impossible to say exactly as they are not for sale yet. However all DCC fitted loco's I have had in the past have come with a blanking plug included in the bag of goodies.

I just wanted a Great Western one in a livery that existed!!! The likelihood of the locos appearing in green with GWR on the tender is extremely slim at best. They were "born" with shirtbuttons and then were painted in British Railways. Some were painted GWR war time black.

I have ordered a BR black one (non DCC) and am repainting it green with a shirtbutton.

I just wanted a Great Western one in a livery that existed!!! The likelihood of the locos appearing in green with GWR on the tender is extremely slim at best. They were "born" with shirtbuttons and then were painted in British Railways. Some were painted GWR war time black.

I have ordered a BR black one (non DCC) and am repainting it green with a shirtbutton.

http://www.warwickshirerailways.com/gwr/gwrsa1495.htm

This would appear to be an elusive wartime photograph that shows a Dukedog in green 'GWR' livery, It could well be black, but the boiler shade is slightly lighter than the smokebox, so I'd say green. What does everyone else think; is Bachmann's choice of GWR livery credible, given this photograph? 

• RMweb Gold

http://www.warwickshirerailways.com/gwr/gwrsa1495.htm

This would appear to be an elusive wartime photograph that shows a Dukedog in green 'GWR' livery, It could well be black, but the boiler shade is slightly lighter than the smokebox, so I'd say green. What does everyone else think; is Bachmann's choice of GWR livery credible, given this photograph? 

Maybe the tender had been swapped with another engine?

Hi

Had this email today from Rails of Sheffield :Also on the way are the two 3200 Earl locomotives, however after allocating pre-orders we do not have any spare and therefore are sold out (All advanced pre-orders will be fulfilled)

So it looks like Bachmann are on to a winner here with this loco.

I have got one on pre-order from Hatton's and I hope I do get it, as I missed out on the First C Class I pre-ordered

Darren

• Like 1

After all the palaver about model availabilty and limited production runs, I was most pleasantly surprised to get an e-mail from my usual supplier that three DukeDogs will be sent to me later this week... Thing is, I only ordered two. Much as I would take advantage of a "buy two, get one free" offer, this is not the case, so the "spare" goes back into the pool for some other customer to snare :danced:

I really am looking forward to receiving the DukeDog, it will be my first Bachmann purchase for a while and Im interested to see how my production run models fit and finish compares to the competition. The review, in Model Rail, is encouraging.

• Like 2

Whilst the 'Dukedog', 'Earl', 90xx, or whatever else you care to call it, is only just hitting the shelves is it too soon to express the hope that Bachmann will follow it with a 'Bulldog'?  Tender, loco chassis and cab should all be suitable - 'Blasius' in GWR post-war black would be my choice but there would be plenty of scope for all those modellers of the pre-war GWR scene.  It would make such a lovely model and were more widespread than the 90xx.

Just a thought.

Gerry

• Like 1

This is interesting, Bachmann invoice prior to dispatch, some dealers have told me they been invoiced for their full allocation, another says he has been allocated enough to satisfy pre-orders only and two have said that they have yet to be invoiced for any. 

I have 9017 on per-order but was looking for another to re-number, hence my ringing around.

Edited by Cy Lindercocks

• RMweb Premium

I would expect both Bulldog and Duke classes eventually, in the wake of the Earl. Possibly not that soon however. I agree that the Bulldog class(es) would have a wider application and sell well, and the Duke looking similar to the Earl but again with a wider range, would also sell. Both would suit me whereas I have no (justifiable) need for an Earl. I recently acquired a built Keyser Bulldog, so if the same magic applies as it does to kit builders, a Bachmann version may not be far away.

Pete

• RMweb Gold

I would expect both Bulldog and Duke classes eventually, in the wake of the Earl. Possibly not that soon however. I agree that the Bulldog class(es) would have a wider application and sell well, and the Duke looking similar to the Earl but again with a wider range, would also sell. Both would suit me whereas I have no (justifiable) need for an Earl. I recently acquired a built Keyser Bulldog, so if the same magic applies as it does to kit builders, a Bachmann version may not be far away.

Pete

Doesn't necessarily work that way Pete - I bought a K's 'Bulldog' last year

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

This is interesting, Bachmann invoice prior to dispatch, some dealers have told me they been invoiced for their full allocation, another says he has been allocated enough to satisfy pre-orders only and two have said that they have yet to be invoiced for any. 

I have 9017 on per-order but was looking for another to re-number, hence my ringing around.

You could try Track Shack on the I.o.M. They still have locos available. I ve just ordered a BR Black 9017 31-086 at a good price and free P&P

Bob.C